Sunday, December 5, 2010

The holiday recap

The past two weeks have gone by so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was furiously cleaning and making pies for Thanksgiving. Now we are sitting at 3 weeks to Christmas. Thankfully, I am almost done Christmas shopping. Like seriously almost done. This is amazing for me actually. Usually I still have a lot left to do at this point. Kristen and I ventured out at 5am the day after Thanksgiving and had a very productive trip. We really left at the correct time as usually the busiest store, Walmart, was tame and quiet actually. There were not lines for the registers, the aisles were not crazy, and they still had door busters left. Awesome! I got a lot done there. Target was a different story. I bought a few things, but that store was busier with a checkout lines around the store. Kmart was the last one and my shopping was basically done. So awesome.

Thanksgiving was very nice too. We had a small Thanksgiving here with the neighbors, my parents, Eric & Gaeb and us. Very nice. Tim and I cooked and baked, the kids watched some of the holiday shows, and then we did Thanksgiving crafts at Kristens. We all made turkeys out of gumdrops and other various candies PLUS holiday costumes with Native American headresses and coats. pretty fun. I remember making them when I was in preschool and thought they were pretty cool.

Dinner was on time (amazing with my husband) and fabulous! Games were played, kids ran around and watched Kung Fu Panda and all were gone around 7pm. Even better - ha :-) We feasted on traditional fare and I went crazy with desserts. I made a french silk pie, pecan pie, and cheesecake. YUM! All three were yummy.

After dinner is my favorite part. Relishing the quiet and looking at all the ads and making a gameplan for the next day. I have to admit, I wasn't really looking forward to going out that early as past years haven't proven to be as good, but this year I am happy I did. Around 10pm was Thanksgiving leftovers (the best part in my mind to hosting) and then bed.

Deer hunting in Durand was good for some, not for others. I did not get a deer. I did see one, but didn't get a shot at it. Tim did well for the hunting party and helped the others out as well. Let's just say he shot more than 1 deer and less than 4.

What else?? Work=good. Kids=awesome. Tim = good. School=thankfully almost done. Let's just say you know you picked the wrong professor when he keeps you late every class (usually 10 minutes) and declares at class the week of Thanksgiving at 8:59,"Happy Holidays! You will get out 1 minute early this time." Gee - thanks. don't you dare go overboard!

I have a whole list of things to do when class gets out. One of which is pray I get a B so I can apply for tuition reimbursement. Pray with me please. The one thing I always have to laugh/envy at class is the girl who sits in front of me. Each night of class she brings in a large candy bar/large cookie or something similar PLUS a whole tupperware full of cookies (at least 12, yes I counted one night in awe) and she eats all of it! Seriously, who does that? I would love to, but would be guilty the whole week after. She is not overweight also, just a killer metabolism apparently.

The next few weeks will be busy with holiday stuff - the normal hustle & bustle. And with that.. I have to run. I have a little boy who wants to play Thomas on my laptop.

No proofreading this time - what you see is what you get :-)

Happy Holidays!

No comments: