Sunday, January 23, 2011

Go Pack Go!

Go Pack Go!!!

What a great game! I cannot believe and never would have thought a few weeks ago that we would be going to the Superbowl! I cannot say that we played the best game, but we won. That is all that matters!

We had the neighbors over for a small party. We had some yummy dips & popcorn and the adults watched the game as the kids ran around, colored, and sometimes cheered when we cheered. All-in-all a great game. Afterwards, we snacked on Packer cupcakes & ice cream. Then... I took Sage for a walk. I needed to get out and exercise, so I bundled up and took the eager dog for a walk.

The rest of the weekend was spent bumming around the house. I cleaned & decluttered. Tim did the same. The kids were having fun helping/getting in the way and playing with toys that haven't been out for awhile. We did a toy swap of sorts and got out their play kitchen and Little People Toys. We put away Emma's Barbie Castle and some of Evan's toy tools.

I had a work Christmas party on Friday night, so Tim and I had a night away for a little while. Our daycare provider gives each family a night of baby-sitting for Christmas, so we took advantage and got away. The kids were so excited for her to come over and to show her all their new Christmas toys. They went to Burger King first to play in their playland with her daughter Breezy and then all came here to play and watch our movie on Netflix "How to Train a Dragon." (good movie, by the way). By the time we made it home after our night out, the kids were sleeping and a good time was had by all.

Good news for Tim and I, our children have started sleeping in later! Emma now gets up around 7am and Evan sleeps in at least until 6:30, but sometimes goes as late as 7:30. This means a much happier (and more patient) Mommy & Daddy :-) Many times in the morning, Tim has to wake them up in the morning before daycare, which I really don't like, but that is the way it goes I guess.

This week will be a busy week. We have swimming lessons, errands, a stop at a sporting goods shop to buy some Packer paraphernalia, and the previous years blog book! I start school a week from Tuesday and I have a few more things I want to get done before that starts.

Here are a few pics of the kids taken this week after their hair cuts. Evan was badly in need of a trim and Emma wanted her hair a bit shorter. She ended up with shoulder length hair that is so cute and makes her look so big! These were taken right after a bath, so they are not the best shots of her hair, but still pretty cute!
Everyone have a great week!

No comments: