Anyway, by this time, Evan was just as excited as Emma to try waterskiing. In fact, he may have been a bit more excited than Emma and it didn't take much prompting from Emma to convince Evan to go first. So, he put on a very good life jacket, I explained to him what in fact water skiing was and he jumped on and was ready to go.
He was a trooper and did a GREAT job. I don't think I took a full breath the whole time and my heart was literally pounding. He was so proud of himself out on the water. Dad drove slowly and he balanced great. Many times he would stand up and look around so proud.
He even gave us the thumbs up sign!
After Emma saw Evan do it and do okay, it was her turn and she was just as excited, but still a bit nervous! She did fabulous as well and even went a few times around the small circle we were doing standing up.
Needless to say, I was completely nervous the WHOLE time they were out on the water. I was so proud, but scared that they would fall off. Emma I think would have handled it okay, but I think that if she would have fallen in, it would have taken a long time to get over it. Evan, I am not sure what he would have done. Yes, he would have been okay, but he would NOT have been happy. I think he would have freaked out actually. I know they are going to want to do this again, as it was constantly "Mom, let's go water-skiing - PLEASE!" the whole weekend. So, my thought is to keep them in the shallow water and make them fall or force them to float in the water with their life jackets. That way, they will know what to do if/when they fall. It is inevitable... I know it will happen sometime.
All-in-all, it was so much fun to watch them and I was so happy they tried it! They are getting so big and it is fun to watch them experiment and try other things. More stories to come, I am sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment