Thursday, June 7, 2012

The end of Kindergarten

How can my baby be done with Kindergarten?! How can I be the mother of a 1st grader?  I am too young to have a first grader :-)    Good thing that Emma isn't sad, isn't emotional.. isn't anything.  Me?  I am a wreck. Okay, that is being completely over-dramatic, but I am a tad bit sad.  The year went by so fast!  Before you know it, she will be in high school... driving... graduating.. and going to college.  Man!  I am way to young to have a child going to college ....

The past week, Emma has been bringing home her whole stash from kindergarten... her art supplies... her "rest" towel... her art projects...  and then, the sentimental things.  Her year-long art project book that shows different pictures she drew that corresponded with the months.  Her comment from her drawing from way back in September 2011?  "Mama, I couldn't have drawn that!  I draw people much better now!"  and she does. You can tell!  She got a little kindergarten memory book with pictures of their field trips, school events, and class. Then, she got a nice little gift from her teacher: a learning bucket!  It was a sand bucket with school work sheets for the summer, a magnifying glass for exploring, a level 3 reader book about whales, coloring pictures, and other random things. My favorite thing included in the bucket?  A book mark with a picture of Emma and her teacher and a little poem:


You're a very special person
And I want you to know,
How I loved being your teacher
how fast the weeks did go!
Please come back and visit me
As through the grades you grow
Try hard to learn all that you can
There is so much to know!
The one thing I try to teach you
to last your whole life through
Is to know that you are special
Just because you are you!

Isn't that sweet?  She got many special momento's from kindergarten and they were all so sweet! 



She is excited for the summer, for being back at daycare with her best little friend.  Although, due to circumstances in the Heuer house, they will only be going there once per week.  But that is okay, too.



Her kindergarten graduation diploma

Tomorrow is the kindergarten picnic at a nearby park and Kristen and I are going to help with some crafts and to celebrate the day.  All parents and siblings are welcome, so Tim and Evan may come for a little bit to have a picnic and play on the swingsets as well.

And then?? Summer vacation!  We will have a great summer!



Emma and her 1st grade summer bucket





No comments: