What is it with summer? Is it the 90+ heat and the wonderfully long days that make me forget about school? Is it that my daughter is out of school and we are keeping both kids up way past normal bedtime to play outside and help in the garden? Maybe it is the late runs or the trips to St. Paul to run stairs that is doing me in. Whatever it is that is taking my focus off of school, needs to go away and let me focus again on my studies..... (sigh)....
So, my whole goal for this summer was to take a break from going to class and to study up and take a waiver exam so I can pass out of one of my classes. I had really good intentions the beginning of the summer. I found a past edition book on Amazon, downloaded the current edition power point slides, took a few chapter quizzes on line, and tried. I really did. Then... summer happened. The late night laughter, the drippy ice cream cones on the front steps, the impromptu runs through our sprinklers, and the baths in the laundry room to clean little feet of dirt. The feeling of "I am going to blog tonight and relax" -or- "I have to watch Dallas" (which - I totally LOVE that show and am sad the season just ended!) and then I fall asleep content in the fact that I had a nice relaxing evening and did not jam my head with managerial accounting terms and math problems.
Now - fast forward to August 8.... I realize I only have 4 weeks until school starts and I have done nothing. The guilt sets in that I have wasted another summer (yup, did this last year too!) by not studying and I decide to force myself to do it. So, I sign up for the waiver test for like August 31 to have a hard, strict deadline.
And - what am I doing? Blogging and watching Friends. Yup... I can see where this is going.
No comments:
Post a Comment