Sunday, December 29, 2013

What fun!

Christmas is such a fun time! Especially when you have two little ones to enjoy the holidays with.  They were so excited!  I believe my last post was Christmas Eve.  

Christmas Day started like this.... I woke up at 6am to the pitter patter of little feet heading down the stairs.  Then I heard the same little feet jumping for joy and then race back upstairs to his sister's room.  "HE CAME! HE CAME!!"  I heard Evan yell and then more pitter patter of feet downstairs.  "HE CAME!  HE ATE OUR COOKIES!!" and then racing upstairs and storming into our room to wake us up.  More jumping for joy in our room and excited voices saying "Santa was here! There are tons of presents!  He ate our cookies!  Santa came!"  A whole chorus of little excited voices. Then the  "MOM!  Get out of bed! We have to go open presents!"  "Come on! Come on!"

So - at about 6:05 we were downstairs.  Tim got up about 5 minutes after and by that time, the kids has already sorted through the presents and had sorted them and had piles for each person.  Yes, excited was an understatement.



I didn't get a lot of pictures on my phone of that morning, but here are the kids before the sorting had started.

Both kids love everything they received.  Emma got a BB Gun and a Barbie and walking horse from Santa.  From us, she received a Justice gift card, some books, a doll.  Evan got a LeapPad and a BB gun from Santa.  Then from us, he got some Rokenbok toys, and some Disney Planes toys.

I think the presents were all unwrapped by 7am for sure. Then, it was Cinnamon rolls, playing with toys, and watching Christmas movies.  Eric, Jordan, Gaebriel, and Seth arrived around 10:30 and we exchanged presents with them, had breakfast, and relaxed.

Later that afternoon, we drove down to my parents house where they were hosting my Dad's family for Christmas.  So I got to see a lot of extended family which was great and had supper.  We played games and enjoyed the fun ruckus when we all get together!  We left the kids there as both Tim and I had to work on Dec. 26 and Dec 27.

For me - I was very, very happy to open up a pair of cowboy boots for Christmas from Tim!  They are so awesome!
(not the best picture - but you get the idea)
Emma picked out some pretty yellow jewelry for me and per Tim, Evan was certain that I needed a big diamond ring for Christmas.  So, Tim picked out a lovely one at Kohls for me.

We had two other Christmas celebrations this past Saturday at my parent's house and today at Tim's sisters house.   We had a sledding party at my parent's house yesterday and I think that was one of the highlights of the vacation for the kids.  It was warm outside, which was good for the kids, but made sledding down the hill a bit sticky. 

It has been a whirlwind week of rich food, presents, family, not-so-healthy- tummies, and many wonderful memories.  The kids this year were more excited for the holidays than I have seen them yet and it was so fun!  They were literally bouncing up and down when they saw that Santa had came and that energy and excitement is infectious.  They both had a pile of presents in front of them and were tearing into the paper and were opening up boxes and laughing and having a great old time.  It definitely makes the shopping, busy stores, and long nights of wrapping worth it!

No comments: