Then, that afternoon we (including Craig, Kyra and Kaylee) went to Aamodt's apple orchard in Stillwater. After eating apple donuts and kettle corn, it was time to go home and get ready for my date - yes, that is right, Tim and I went on a date. We found a teenager in the area (our daycare provider's daughter) that wanted to come over and baby-sit Emma, so we went out. Jessie had a lot of fun with Emma and said she would come back anytime! Tim and I went out to a restaurant called Axel's in Mendota Heights and had a great time.Sunday was a more low-key day. Tim was gone all day, so Emma and I continued to play outside.
That night, we made cut-out Halloween cookies. This was the first time that Emma has made cookies and she had a FABULOUS time! She was in charge of the cookie cutters and later on, the rolling pin.
She couldn't get enough of the cookie making and was very impatient for all the rolling that had to be done. However, once they came out of the oven she wasn't that interested in eating them. Which is okay too :-)All is good with Tim and I. It has been pretty busy around here. Now, the deer hunting starts, so for the next 4 weekends Tim will be busy with that. Work for me is good, I am still enjoying it. Tomorrow we have a Halloween potluck, so that is nice. I plan on leaving work early so I can come home and get stuff ready for tomorrow night! I am pretty excited.
Emma continues to sing, dance, and jabber. Sunday I was getting pretty frustrated with the little monkey as she would not let me put her pants on, she kept standing on the cooler and chairs and tipped over her plate at lunch and was throwing her food all over!! AUGH - that kid!! So, we met Tim for lunch that day and in the car on the way there, she started singing to her back-pack. Kristen gave her a little M&M backpack that Emma loves! She was sitting in her carseat and starting singing "BahPah, BahPah" (the backpack song from Dora the Explorer) "BahPah, BahPah" -and then started jabbering the rest. It was the sweetest thing and it made my heart melt. It is funny how I can get so frustrated with her one second and then completely melt the next. Like Tim always says, " It is a good thing kids are cute!" Haha - Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment