Well, other than the downer that was book club (okay, that is a bit strong - it was great seeing the girls and we did chat about other stuff) I had a good past few days. On Thursday I succeeded in mopping the floor AND making Emma a nice tent in the living room.
Friday we were over at the neighbors for breakfast, which was fun. Emma always has so much fun playing over there and I have resigned myself to the fact that Evan will just have to nap at Kristen's- always. That kid will sleep for 3 hours on their bed all swaddled up. I don't get it! Today I was getting frustrated as the little guy was so tired, but he just wouldn't nap for more than 15 minutes. I was very close to calling Kristen. But, didn't... The rest of Friday was spent at the Maplewood Mall, browsing around Barnes and Noble to spend a gift certificate, Maplwood playland, and Kohl's. I was very happy to find the Starbucks Holiday pack for 80% off at Kohl's. I could not resist; would I have paid full price for it ($30!!) Hell no, but for $6, yes, that I can afford. PLUS - they all include a coupon for a free coffee at Starbucks and my gift pack had not one, but TWO! Yup, it paid for itself.
Today, I saw my And-And, and Mikey. It was nice. We ate at Red Lobster and they got to see my darling children, and we got to catch up. It was fun. Emma went over to the twin's house this morning as she was missing their birthday party this afternoon and she was so excited! She got a little goodie bag and she came right into the house, sat in the laundry room and pulled out everything that was in it and ooohed and aaahed over it. Her blue eyes were so big as I got the pink plastic necklace out of it's wrapper. She so gently and proudly put it over her head and around her neck. "See Mama! it is so beautiful!" It was so cute, almost brought a tear to my eye. She is getting so big and this is what will be coming up before I know it - birthday parties... school...sleepovers... it goes by so fast. She has such a sweet innocence right now that is so endearing. She can be a bear sometimes, but she is still such a blessing.
Tomorrow is one more relaxing day before work. We are going to the neighbors for the Super Bowl and Tim is heading out of town for a bit for a funeral. I am trying to talk my husband in to taking a small vacation with the kids to WI Dells or something to get away for a bit. I may look up some prices tomorrow if my stars are aligned and the kids are asleep at the same time. Or, I could stop rambling and do it now :-)
Have a great week everyone! Think happy thoughts - not sad stuff. Hopefully I can shake mine soon.
1 comment:
Hey Kelly - it's such a sad fact that the happier we are, the more we fear the other foot is going to fall. There's no one that can say, "Don't worry about it," or "That'll never happen to you," so the only thing to do is to enjoy each and every single second we have.
Good luck getting a trip to the Dells lined up - that place is much more the "happiest place on earth" for me than Disney ever could be! :)
xoxoxo to you and the rest of the family.
Post a Comment