Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Daddy Day

Unfortunately with all the illness going around, our daycare provider caught the bug. (Thankfully not my children!) However, due the the bug, Monday and Tuesday we were on our own devices with our children. Or, shall I say, Tim had the children. Well, on Monday anyway. (Which, might I add, I think it is good for Tim to have the kids some days. I think this is the first day he had both of them on his own. THE FIRST TIME! About time!) I get home from work on Monday and asked Emma how her day was. Actually I said, "So, Emma, tell me about your day!" (this is what we do over supper each night.)

"Well, Mama, I got up when the sun was up and came to Daddy's room. Daddy not there, so I came downstairs. Then I got apple juice. Then, Daddy and I were playing and wrestling. And I jumped on his back and Daddy got mad. Then, I watched the Incredibles and (as she points her finger at me) the Mean Guy was the Mean Guy. Then, Daddy was rocking Evan and I was loud and woke Evan up. Then, Daddy got mad. Then, I built blocks and Evan would knock them over."

What a fun day, eh? I love how she tells stories like that. So descriptive, full of life, and she always points her finger at you when she is making a statement. Very cute.
- And then -
"Mama - we match!" I took a half day off on Tuesday to help watch the kiddos as Tim had a day full of meetings. Here are a few pictures of Emma and I on that day. Every day, whenever she gets dressed, she makes the comment, "Mama - we match!" Now, many days, we do not. Some days we both may be wearing black pants or something, but usually our outfits look nothing alike. So, I thought on Tuesday we could really match. She was pretty excited about it actually... faded jeans and black turtlenecks. That kid has to do everything that I do. If I am walking, she is 5 steps behind me, if I am washing my hands, she is washing hers, if I am on the phone, she is on her phone copying my conversation. So, as everyone knows, I have been trying to work out more lately and have really made a push this week to get back on track. Well, that makes Emma want to work out too. She has lately been downstairs running around when I am on the treadmill, but just recently we added a spot for her to work-out right next to me. Yup, that is Emma on her trampoline right next to me (not the best picture I know.) One night I made the off-hand comment to her about bringing the trampoline down and you would have thought I told her she was going to meet Cinderella or Dora or something. She was so excited! It works out well for her too and she does really well jumping on it! That one will be a little triathlete - I can see it now! She also asks me about every day when Santa is coming back. I tell her not for a long time and she whines, "But I just WANT santa to come back!" Tonight she even put on her Christmas dress because Santa was coming tonight. Unfortunatly for her, she did not.

Evan is good - almost 5 months old already! He is grabbing for things that he wants and instantly they go in his mouth. No teeth YET! Still eating cereal a little bit. Has only rolled over that once a week or so ago. Although, we work on it every night. He loves taking baths - he kicks his little legs so much! Plus, he is constantly turning his head to the side, sticking out his tongue, and eating bubbles or drinking the bath water. He bends to the side so much that half of his face gets covered in bubbles - and there isn't even that much water in the tub! Here is a picture of the little man eating cereal one day. Sleeping still varies from night to night with that little guy. No real improvement there. Emma though has been sleeping in a little better. Tim and I keep telling her that she is not done with sleep until the sun is out. For awhile there, she was coming into our room anywhere form 2 am to 6 am. Tim and I stayed consistent though, brought her back to her room and told her that she needs to stay in bed until the sun comes up. I think that has been helping a little bit. One day she even slept in until 7:45 - which is unheard of for her! Unfortunately it was Monday so both Tim and I were working. Tim from home, but still, not sleeping.

This weekend I think is a cabin weekend. I am trying to talk Tim into staying around until Saturday morning so we can catch the Hot Air Affair (http://www.hudsonhotairaffair.com/) in Hudson. I love hot air balloons (as does Emma) and think it would be fun to see a bunch of them take off at once. But, we will see.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I actually think that is an outstanding picture, as it shows, or maybe even magnifies, the sheer speed of Emma jumping! :-))