Thursday, March 12, 2009

6 months

I feel like I have so much to say and so little time. Let's start with the important stuff.... Evan is 6 months old! We had his doctor's appointment today and it went well. He is 17.5# (38%), 26 in (45%), and who really cares about his head circumference? The doctor thought Evan was doing really well, tracks his eyes well, bears weight on his legs well, all-in-all, a healthy little boy :-) He did prescribe some medicine for acid reflux as Evan is a bit fussy while eating and I am hoping the medicine will help with that.

Here is a pic of my handsome little man.


Let's see, Evan at 6 months:
** Just today started sitting up by himself and he can actually do it for a few minutes at a time. He prefers that position now.
** Rolling from his back to stomach is easy, stomach to back, not so much. Many times now in the middle of the night, he will roll from back to stomach and then fuss for someone to come and roll him back.
** STILL having sleep issues. Although - last night he did sleep for 6 hours straight! It was Heaven!
** Fussy eater - sometimes wants cereal, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes will take the bottle, sometimes not. I have started those little fruity puff things for kids. He really likes those. Well, I take that back, he likes picking them up and trying to get them in his mouth. If he actually gets one in his mouth, he makes a bad face and sometimes gags.
**Usually a pretty happy-go-lucky kid. He LOVES being in his bouncy seat and loves watching Emma. He cannot wait until he can keep up with her.
**Smiles often, but it is harder to get him to giggle.
**He is a Momma's boy. If I am up walking around, his eyes follow me the whole time. If I walk past him if he is on the floor or with Tim, he starts whining and wants to be picked up. Yes, it is cute, but can be frustrating at times.
**Loves his bath -
**Still likes the pacifier.

That is all I can think of for now. I have to go to bed.

Oh yeah - still no coat for Emma and now dance class is over. At least we got it seriously discounted and she wouldn't have been able to wear it next year, but still!

Here is another picture of my guy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Great pics of Evan, Kelly! He is such a sweetheart! Can't believe he's 6 months old already - wow.