The Dance studio called me yesterday morning saying they had found Emma's coat at the end of the sessions last night and had it at their receptionist desk. Emma and I were obviously very happy at the news and called Tim to tell him to pick it up on his way home from work. Unfortunately the studio called back about 10 minutes later and apologized as they just discovered it was NOT Emma's coat. It was a pink kids coat, but not the brand that Emma's was. I guess they forgot to look at one of the big distinguishing factors before calling and declaring that it was ours. (maybe this person was the same woman that asked me if I had looked for the coat yesterday before reporting it missing.) I called Tim back and gave him the news. He snorted and didn't seem surprised. My faith in humanity is still holding out that it will be returned - although Tim pointed out that the coat left at the dance studio probably belonged to the people that stole Emma's. Anyway... hopefully this will have a good outcome. I would THINK the people that have Emma's coat would have realized it by now AND returned it to the dance studio as it is still winter and she doesn't have her coat. Lord knows if it was me, I would feel so horrible for the mistake that it would have been returned right away. Anyway - at least she does have another coat she can wear. It is a bit small, but we can make do.
We are heading to the cabin this morning. Tim and Evan are still sleeping and I am up with Emma enjoying the morning. Go figure... I am the one up with the kid during the night and Tim is the one that is sleeping in :-) Typical male....
I hope you all have a great weekend!
(a slightly older picture of my family, but I still like it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment