Emma probably had all the excitement she could possibly handle tonight - she got to go see "Dora Live" at the State Theater in Mpls for her birthday. It was Dora and the City of Lost Toys. Basically, Dora lost her Teddy Bear and it was in the City of Lost Toys. It was pretty fun for the kids - Emma was so incredibly excited and so fun to watch. Her eyes were so wide and she was dancing in our aisle to the songs and saying all the phrases, "Swiper no Swiping!" She said that her favorite part was Swiper. Anyway - it was fun - well, fun to watch Emma. It didn't offer much for the parents, but let's be honest, I didn't buy the ticket for me. Here are some pics of Emma and I:
Before Dora Live, we went out for Pizza to our favorite pizza place - Broadway Pizza! Emma is a member of their kids club, so she got a free pizza, chocolate milk, and sundae for her birthday. She had a great time, ate well, and bounced on the seat the whole time, excited for Dora. Evan enjoyed the pizza too. He ate his first piece of garlic bread, some pizza crust and Pear/Blueberry/oat baby food - WHICH - leads me to more exciting news - EVAN IS NOT ALLERGIC TO WHEAT! He saw the allergist this week and the skin prick tests came back negative - no allergy! YEAH! The doctor thought it was probably just a virus that was causing the rash/skin thing going on for him. So - on comes the good food again - and Evan is liking it!
This past week was good. We went to the cabin last weekend and had a great time. Emma couldn't contain herself and had to get in the water. Yup - lovely. We were fishing on the dock and Emma was playing in the sand and I turn around once to see her standing in the lake with her bucket. Nice. Tim caught a big whopping bass - an 8# (or over 8 pounds), 23 in long - whopper. He was very excited. Emma was too as she caught the first fish off the dock this year. Evan just likes to be outside at this point - so he was happy too. We didn't do too much for Mother's Day. Emma painted me a lovely flower pot at daycare: (which of course, she was very excited about AND planted the flowers herself)
We went to church that day at Emma's urging, the just relaxed at the cabin. I received lovely Winnie the Pooh Mother's day cards from the kids and a nice gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods for some new running shoes.
Everything was good this week. Emma has swimming lessons every week now - this upcoming week she starts being in the water by herself and no parents. We "practiced" this week at class and she had a great time. There are 3 other kids in her class at the Y and they all do well - Emma can now swim with a floaties around her waist. It should be a fun summer for her in the lake!
Tim and I are good. Tim is progressing nicely on the swingset. The little rock climbing wall is done, he has the tube slide but has not assembled it yet, and has the beam for the swings done. He is hoping to work a lot on it this weekend for Emma's big day on Sunday. Tim received exciting news at work - his office is moving to Woodbury! I know - what crap is that?! I drive 40+ minutes to work one way and his commute will be like 7 minutes. Wonderful for him and that he will be so close to the kids - AND - savings for the bank (our bank account that is) with gas/parking/etc.
Work for me is hopefully getting less busy. Some main projects are done, which I like. I did sign up for the triathlon so - July 11 is the big day for that- everyone, wish me luck! I will need it for SURE.
Evan is almost crawling. He can get anywhere that he wants - he does a combination roll/push on his toes/roll/flail his arms/roll thing. Pretty cute. He is 8.5 months old - no teeth, but is enjoying good food again. We still call him "Mr. Grabby" as anything that is in his reach, he wants. Especially the remote control - typical man!
Emma's 3rd birthday is Sunday - Ah! She is getting so big! We are having a Princess Party for her. She is just looking forward to Kyra and Kaylee coming over so they can run around. She has more energy that I can believe, constantly makes me laugh and frustrates me with her little attitude. She even told Tim the other day on the phone "Yeah, Mama gave me a time out because I was naughty and had attitude." Yup - that's right kid. She is trying to learn her numbers and direction. I was trying to teach her right and left, but she insists it is right and wrong. There was a small incident at daycare the other day with her "friend" Madelyn. I asked her how her day went, and she looked down and said "Madelyn told me my coat was ugly." I, looking up surprised said, "what did you say?" "Madelyn told me my coat was ugly and it made me sad." Yup (me being good Mom and suppressing my urge to tell Emma to tell that little punk Madelyn what I think of her behavior) I had the talk with Emma that it doesn't matter what people think of our clothes or anything like that, that as long as we are nice, it is all that matters. I also told Emma that as long as we like our clothes, that is all that matters. Hmm - it is starting already. Isn't she too young for that stuff?
3 weeks from now and I will be in Chicago! I am uber excited for that - I am hoping to go shopping tomorrow and buy an outfit to wear there - I know, I am a dork. But I am really looking forward to it! Tim and I also booked our small trip for our 5 yr anniversary middle of June! So much stuff going on - I can barely contain myself!
2 comments:
I remember being so upset when Lori came home from 1st grade and said a little girl told her she had the wrong name on her pants pocket. What kind of Mom teaches their child to care about the brand of pants at that age????
Yay, Kelly! Such a fun update. Happy birthday today to your little girl! And congratulations on signing up for the triathlon - I will come and cheer for you (umm, weather permitting - HA!)
Post a Comment