Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Garage Sale

Finally - it is done. All the work, late nights, cleaning, sorting, blah.blah.blah. Worth it too, I would say. Tim and I did pretty well! YEA! I was amazed at all of Tim's stuff (crap) that sold. I remember when my Mom & Aunts would have garage sales, and they would laugh at the stuff that sold. That was Kristen and I this weekend. Do you remember that I was getting frustrated with Tim one night? Did I blog that? Instead of setting up tables, he was getting his crap out to sell? Well, sell baby it did. Old car books/weird shaped dusty footballs/an old rusty sink/ old woofle ball game/10 egg cartons full of golf balls/ an old dusty chimney sweep. Kristen and I would just laugh when some old man (which was mostly our clientele) would come in, go to Tim's stuff, shrug, pick it up and come to pay. Good for us, I understand, just funny. Unfortunately, not many young Mom's came to buy Em's old clothes. Some did, but were looking for boy stuff, others did and bought some things. But, I was hoping more would go. Luckily, I have a friend in Woodbury who offered to put Em's clothes in her garage sale next week. It is the big Woodbury Garage sales next weekend and they are crazy busy. Hopefully, all will sell!

We are all good here. I was seriously stressed out by the garage sale, but have a huge sigh of relief now! Maybe that will help pay for my Chicago trip- YEA!

Emma is good - not much new with that one. She is loving that it is nice outside now. She also had a pretty good time at the garage sale, because if it was not Kyra and Kaylee she was playing with, it was some other random kid whose Mom was shopping. At one point on Saturday, there were 4 kids (including Emma and excluding Kyra and Kaylee) running and playing in our yard. She was having a ball! She enjoyed helping Tim trim trees in our backyard, picking me "dragonlions" (dandelions) and helping Tim pull out the "nasty,stupid charlies". (creeping charlie). We are planning her third birthday party -which will be in 2 weekends - she is pretty vocal about what she wants, but when isn't she, really?! She wants a Barnyard party (on Nickelodeon - a cartoon about barn animals. Not sure if I will find anything with that) so I am trying to talk her into Tinkerbelle. She wants pizza and yummy cake, a pretty dress, balloons, and presents. It should be fun. Her current favorite thing are Knock Knock jokes, but she still doesn't understand what they are about. She will say, "Knock Knock" then after I say who's there? she will think and look and then say something random and laugh. So, maybe a good gift to her for her birthday would be a book of knock knock jokes. I will have to try and find one.

Evan is good too. Still sleeping well - really happy- all that good stuff. He can say Mama - but it is more - mamamamamama. I think he is saying it to me, but still not 100% sure. I made an appointment with an allergist in 2 weeks to check out his wheat allergy - or if he has one. Tim and I have been creative here (with the help of our family occupational therapist) to find other foods he can eat. He currently enjoys Chicken Alfredo with Rice Noodles, rice cakes to snack on, and wheat & gluten free vanilla cookies. I am anxious for his appointment to learn more about what is going on. He also does enjoy eating chunked bananas & peaches, however, his favorite food is still All-natural Cheetos. Yum! He tries to pull himself up to things and does get in the crawling position - but no movement yet. Much to the chagrin of his sister, he can get pretty much anywhere he wants to go, especially to chew on Em's barbies. He enjoys playing Ken the most - not the "Mean" Barbie, which I always have to play. I get the "Mean" Barbie, Evan gets to play Ken, and Emma's Barbie is always the princess that is locked in the tower by the "mean" barbie... aka, Me. Lovely.

Tim and I are surviving. I am trying to find the balance between demanding work (and trying NOT to bring too much home) the triathlon (which I finally did sign up for - 69 days left), kids (nothing to explain there) and housework/laundry/cooking/blog/scrapbooking/ever-expanding to-do list...etc..etc..etc.. Tim is taking this whole week off to build Emma a swingset/playground in the backyard. He has pretty big plans, so we will see what is accomplished. I took off Wednesday to help because knowing Tim, if he thinks it will take 15 hours to build, it will really take 20. It will be pretty nice if his thoughts come into fruition. A playhouse for Emma & Evan with firemans pole, 2 slides (one yellow tubie slide as requested by Emma) a long swingset/monkey bars/rock wall/ I cannot think of what else. Anyway, it should be nice, but we will see. It sounds like a lot of work to me... Tim and I are planning a vacation for our 5 year anniversary - Man! Can it be 5 years already? I am looking forward to it, but know that it will be extremely hard to leave the kids. Kristen and I are also going to Chicago (YEAH!) for a short trip to visit our cousins and get-away. All in all- it will be an excellent summer and I cannot wait for it to get warm so I can go water-skiing/jet-skiing/ and go on my vacations!

Anyway, I think I have babbled enough. No pictures again -sorry. I will soon, I hope.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dear Mean Barbie,

I know you are a crafty and creative being, despite your ever-growing lack of time, so I suggest hand-picking your 10-20 favorite knock-knock jokes, and creating your own knock-knock book. And please include the following:

Knock-Knock
Who's There?
Banana
Banana Who?
Knock-Knock
Who's There?
Banana
Banana Who?
Knock-Knock
Who's There?
Orange
Orange Who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

*Giggling uncontrollably at my own amount of cleverness now. Which really just means I am a big dork, and need sleep. HA!