Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Birthday Boy

I know I said this in my last post, but how can my little boy be almost a year old?! It makes me sad, but happy too. He had a great early birthday party today. It was filled with family, food, and presents. We had some of his favorite foods - hotdogs, watermelon, beans, and cake.

Here are some pictures of today - it was a Sesame Street theme- funny how some things are different for the second child than the first. Sad, I know... but true. Emma had the same theme for her first birthday, but she had a pretty dress, store-bought sheet cake, balloons, etc. Evan did not have a birthday outfit - yet anyway- I may go buy one now for his other birthday with Tim's family (which will be on his birthday - Sept. 7) I made him a cake (but to be fair, I have been doing that lately for Emma too) and no balloons. I felt bad about the balloons, but what is one to do? He didn't notice and it was a busy day.

Anyway - we bbq'd some hotdogs and cheddar brats along with the standard picnic food - beans/chips/watermelon/potato salad. He wasn't eating as well as he normally does, but he is getting 4 teeth on top and both Tim and I think that affected him a bit. He completely attacked the cake. At first he wasn't quite sure what to do with it, he just stabbed the candle into the cake, playing with it a bit. Then, Tim gave him a taste of the frosting and it was all over. He wasn't sure at first about picking up his little cupcake I made for him, so he did a nosedive into it and took a bite! Then, he picked it up and smashed it all over. Let's just say he went directly from his high-chair to the tub!

Then- presents - all the presents. No, he wasn't that interested. He didn't know what do with them, so of course, Emma helped out. He received a Little People Train building block set from Tim and I. Some other gifts - an incredibly soft fishing Teddy Bear from Nana & Papa along with some clothes and some clothes from the neighbors. It was great really, as he needed clothes and we really have a lot of toys here. Not a lot of "boy" toys yet, but those will come later when he really starts to play.

It was a great day - another to come on his actual birthday.

(on a side note - I got my computer working and logging into my work computer as it is supposed too! YEAH - all set to go now, as far as I can tell now.)

Now - pictures:

(a bit blurry - but I love this picture!)



My big boy!



The cakes



His little cupcake (that kept toppling over - hence the bowl)



How am I supposed to eat this thing? Well, let's just dive in!



All done - and all messy!



Presents:
I couldn't really get a good one of Evan and his presents - he was moving too fast and Emma was jumping around, so this is what I got.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a big boy! Happy Birthday, Evan! Looks like he had a great time!