Fellow readers - I apologize for the lack of posts this week. To say it has been a crazy hectic week around here would be an understatement. We are home this weekend; which is nice. I love the cabin and love spending time up there, but sometimes it is hard with both kids to constantly jump back and forth - it always seems as though we are on the go.
Anyway - here is the week and a half recap....
Last weekend - at the cabin. Big news up there is that we moved Evan's crib into Emma's room. Did I mention that in a previous post? I don't remember... anyway - it was nice to have him out of there... well, bittersweet. It was just another reminder that my baby boy is not so much a baby any more.
Anyway - last Saturday, we wake up around 6:15 am to hear Emma:
"Now Evan - if you are going to share a room with me - you have GOT to be quiet. You woke me up." She then continued talking about something - probably complaining about being woken up. I sneak a peek to see Emma, with her hand on her hip, telling Evan what she thought. The light was on and she was shaking a finger at him. It was very cute... even at 6:15 in the morning.
Last weekend we also went on a pontoon ride with the family (which always goes over very well with the kids! Emma loves it because I pack tons of snacks and Evan loves them because he can waddle/crawl all the way around the pontoon. Uncle Dave even let both kids drive!) Emma and I splashed and swam a lot in the water and we trained together for our races. Emma is signed up to do the Toddler Trot at the TC Races, so now we train. We run around trees, run along the driveway and last weekend, we ran to my sister & brother-in-laws. She had a blast.
Last week was good - Kids did well at daycare - work was crazy and hectic as ever. I went to an information session with a good friend of mine to hear about the St. Thomas MBA program. That was great - plus, we went to Panera for supper - YUM! I am sort-of planning to start school in February. I will maybe take the GMAT late October ... yuck ... must start studying!
This weekend my parents are up to celebrate my Father's & Evan's birthday. A week early for the boy, but since my family was up, we thought it would be best. I asked Emma this week what she wanted to buy Evan for his birthday and she thought about it and said... "hmmm - how about boy hair clips?" Interesting, but we went in another direction.
Emma has now decided that she loves the Tube slide that is on the swingset in the back, which Tim is very happy about. Last weekend the neighbors were over and I said... "hey- let's make a tubey train!" and that started it. After that, the girls were one after the other down the slide. It was pretty cool. Evan tried to get in on the excitement and was crawling up and down the stairs. He also went down the regular slide with me - once by himself, but I was right there hanging on to him, to make sure all was okay.
Evan has started balancing and standing up all by himself. He can stand for at least 10 seconds, then gets bored and sits down. He has also started taking wobbly steps in between 2 people or between things. It is happening so fast! How can he be getting so big! He loves pushing buttons and Emma is constantly yelling because his favorite buttons are on the TV. He has also started mocking me.. yup - starts early I guess. When I tell him no, he will look at me, smile, and then shake his head back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth.
I start working from home on Thursdays in 2 weeks and so far, the system is not working as it should. NO GOOD! I am hoping to get it all set up and perfect before hand so my boss doesn't change his mind and have me come in. That would not be good.
Other than that, I don't know much. I will hopefully post tomorrow night after the first birthday party with pictures.
Oh - before I sign off - welcome Miss Eleanor Elizabeth Hunt! My first cousin (once-removed) was born to my cousin Jess in Oregon yesterday! Congratulations!!
No comments:
Post a Comment