Every year, a little holiday called Thanksgiving comes around to remind us "little people" of what we have. For some people, it is the only time they see their family. For others, a big stres involving fights, chaos, pettiness, whatever. I am thankful that I look forward to all holidays. I have the best family. All - extended included- get along famously. I told my coworker when describing my family, that we are the "Cleaver family" and all get along incredibly well. She looks at me and says, "Oh - is that your maiden name?" Umm.. no... never mind. She is a few years younger than me and maybe hasn't heard of Leave it to Beaver?? Not sure.
Anyway - I have a lot to be thankful for:
**I have the best husband - hands down. I know our relationship to some may seem a bit unconventional, but I don't care. I never did about that kind of stuff. He treats me well (hunting aside :-) )and he loves me a lot. I can't ask for any more.
**My kids are adorable, smart, funny, and while they can be trying at times, are the best thing in the world. I feel so blessed that they are with me and that I was able to have them.
**My job, which I love. Stressful, busy, but good. While it will be a constant struggle with my work and personal life, right now, I think I made a good decision.
**My family - all of them. I have a great support system; nothing is more important than that. I bounce idea's off of all of them, act crazy sometimes, cry on their shoulders, laugh over a beer, whatever. They have supported me through all of my crazy/half brain idea's and it doesn't go unnoticed.
**And - for my new Glee CD - volume 1 - HAHA! I LOVE IT!
In these times with people losing jobs, not having enough food or a place to live, I know how extremely lucky I am. Emma and I pray every night together and I always say the same thing. "Thanks for our family, our health, and all the blessings you give us." Emma throws in many things from her fuzzy blanket, her glow-worm (or glower as she calls it now) and my personal favorite "Thank you God for Evan's baby gate so he doesn't get into everything."
Our Thanksgiving was good. It seemed as though this past week was just crazy. It was a blur of grocery shopping, fitting in cleaning, making pies, etc. But, it was good and worth it. We had brunch here Thanksgiving morning with Eric and Gaeb and then headed to Durand. Turkey and all the fixings was served there. Then, playing with the kids, visiting more family, then heading back here to get ready for Black Friday. Ugh... I may be over the early shopping of Black Friday. We got up at 5am and it seemed to me as though we almost got out to late. My sisters found most of what they wanted, but a lot of my items were already gone. Bummer. We still had a great time, but for some reason, I wasn't really feeling it this Friday. Part of it could have been sleep deprivation as I hadn't got a lot of sleep the earlier days. I don't know.
Then, back to Durand for more hunting. I am glad, now, to be home. We have been on the road a lot lately, so I am hoping this week will be much more relaxed and quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment