Sunday, April 25, 2010

The little stuff

Evan gave me his first real hug this week. The smoosh our faces together, tiny littly baby arms tight around my neck, never wanting him to let go kind of hug. It was great. He hasn't done it since, but that once was nice enough. I don't remember how or why, but honestly I don't care. This kid isn't one that enjoys being held a lot, he doesn't cuddle, he doesn't really ever stop except to sleep. So, that one hug to show me how much he loves me was great. He has been going through a bit of a separation anxiety when I leave lately. So, I guess he shows me that he cares that way also. But, the hug was sweet and unexpected and I totally loved his sticky little arms around my neck and his drooly little kiss on my cheek. Before you know it, my little boy won't want to do that....

We had a great weekend. We stayed around town, which was much needed as the past 4 or so weekends we were gone. It was fairly low key: a lot of errands were run, yardwork, playing outside, picking up worms, Sunday School, etc. I was hoping to go to the zoo to see the farm babies, but the weather didn't cooperate much for that.

I did make a decision that I am going to start grad school this fall; if I get accepted that is. I made my appointment to take my GMAT later this month and am currently filling out the ap and going through all the paperwork for St. Thomas. It should be good. I am a bit apprehensive about juggling everything, but overall, I am excited. Plus, if I can't handle it, I can always stop. I definitely won't be rushing it as it may take me 5 years to complete it, but that is okay. The good thing is now I have a deadline to get my other projects done. I need deadlines... I thrive on deadlines. So, I can guarantee that my blogbook will now be done this summer, as will some organization in my house and some other projects I have been putting off. Because, basically, I won't have time this fall to do them. :-)

Emma and Evan are both doing well. They have been outside all the time, which is great. Emma celebrates the big 4 soon - I cannot believe how fast the time flies. I hurt my knee a bit running this afternoon and she instantly put on the "mom" roll and wanted me to sit down, to stretch, and to maybe put some ice on my "dear old knee". Then, of course, she compared my slight knee injury to her owie on her finger which she thinks will feel better after a good stretch too :-) Evan is still trying to say more words or maybe I just understand what he wants better now. His blanket is "bee" and his Nuk or pacifier is "No" along with all the other words. He can point to his diaper when it is messy and say "poo" so we know when he needs to be changed. Plus, he can point out all the Pixar "Cars" characters in his book. He was supposed to be napping when Tim was mowing the lawn today, but instead he was yelling "wide" (or "ride" for us that speak Evan) in his crib and wouldn't sleep. So, I brought him downstairs to rock him a bit, but he scurried off my lap and then proceeded to run from one window to the next to keep "Da" in his sights at all times. yes, he finally got a ride.

Work has been stressing me out a bit lately, so that stinks. Tim is still trying to find something new. So, on the work-front, we haven't been doing too well. But overall, no complaints.

No comments: