Saturday, May 1, 2010

Multi-tasking

Why is it that I have the need to do 5 things at a time? Take now for example, I am watching a moving "500 Days of Summer" typing out my blog, with the GMAT study program running also, while I have the strong urge to stop and do sit-ups or lunges or something. I guess it is my nature, my job requires strong multi-tasking skills and I like my job, so maybe it is just part of me.

I think it is a bad thing sometimes as while I am playing with the kids, I am thinking about work or thinking about my grocery list, solving that damn math problem I couldn't get in the stupid practice test, or just zoning. I feel as though I am not always giving my all to my kids, my husband or my home. I am probably just exaggerating, I realize, but at the moment it seems I am always caught up in something else.

So do I have too much going on? Does everyone feel this way? Is there hope that someday I can recover and only focus on one thing?? I hope so...

We had a good week. The kids were pretty happy. Emma had a goofy story this week (per our baby-sitter Tia, who is now Emma's best friend) and Tia called to let us know about it.
--set up: Emma and Tia were watching Princess and the Frog and Emma was itching her eyes. Tia asked here if everything was okay.
(Emma) No, my eyes are itchy. I have bad allergies. Do you know what they are Tia? That is when bugs poop in your eyes.
(Tia, trying to contain laughter) Gee, Emma, that is too bad. (then, Tia tries to explain about allergies and pollen and flowers, etc)
A little while later Tia asks Emma if she is feeling better.
(Emma) Yeah, they are. I have allergies. They are well, you know, what you said before about flowers.

What a nut!

We basically hung out around the house this weekend. We ran errands, I saw an adorable 3 week old little girl and went out for lunch with her Mama. Tomorrow is the last day of Sunday School, which I am happy about. It was a good run, I am glad I did it, but it will be nice to have one commitment out of the way.

Evan seems to be getting feistier lately. Every time we try to get him to do something he doesn't want, he gets really upset, searches for soft spot to land and then throws himself on the ground.. or carpet... or blanket (his precious B). Now, I love the little guy, but the drama can end.

All right, I am rambling and watching a movie while typing. So, I am not going to proof-read (sorry) and will sign off. Maybe I will attempt some sit ups now.

No comments: