Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good news

Two good things!

1) I was offered the Project Management Job on Monday and I accepted on Tuesday. YEA! Official start date is August 1, however real time transition is unknown. That is the hard thing with switching to a new role in the same department; it is pretty much dictated to you when you start.

2) I was nominated to attend the Animal Nutrition Woman's Forum! This is a pretty nice honor as it is a 3 day event in Minneapolis and only a few woman in our division are nominated to attend. Meetings will be held with the senior leadership team and smaller groups will be broken out to discuss work topics, work/life balance, women empowerment, etc. then I will be assigned to a mentor group. I am still a bit shocked that I was nominated, but it came with a wonderful letter from our Division President about how he feels this will be a wonderful experience for me and my growth with the company. I know - I still can't believe it!! It is wonderful that my hard work is being recognized.

So with all that, how can my week be going bad? Even though Sage is up barking a lot, even though Emma has been crabby while trying to get back on a schedule, and even though Evan has been extra feisty with everything.... grrrr...

Sage is adjusting very well - AND - I should mention that she is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever Pup! She loves going outside to play, loves tipping over her water, chasing after the kids and sitting right in the middle of our flower bushes to keep cool. However, she is still adjusting to night time. She will sleep well for one part of the night, then may bark for the other. I just wish she wouldn't nip at the kids. Evan, many times, gets annoyed with Sage and has no problem telling her "NO". He can say Sage, although it comes out more "Shage" He likes throwing the ball to her and likes to mimic Tim and I and say "Pom" (or come) "Pom Shage" Emma still enjoys chasing after her, but the novelty has worn off a bit I think, especially since Sage likes to bite her hair and clamp down on her shirts and not let go, even while she is running away! All -in-all everyone is adjusting to life with a dog and all is good.

Emma has been having a rough week. I think she is still a bit behind on her sleep as she has been more argumentative and difficult to be around. She either wants to be held or sit on my lap and she never takes no for an answer. Emma always has to argue - EVERYTHING. That is getting old, very quickly. Tim and I have been firm with her, but it still gets tiring. On a good note though, she is doing so well with her letters and writing words! She wrote out all the names of the people in our family the other day and all were very legible. It is so neat! I am slowly working with her on reading and recognizing words.

Evan is saying more and more words every day. Many things I say, he repeats. Tonight, it was cloud or "Clow". Over and over and over. He points up to the sky "Clow! Clow!! Clow!!" He knows how to let Sage out of her kennel, which isn't good and really enjoys pulling her tail, poking her, or bothering her while she is in his kennel. Tonight Evan was outside on the deck with Sage for quite a while. Evan would follow her around, pet her, lay his head on her, try to give Sage kisses. It was very, very sweet. Actually, it was exactly what I hoped for our family with the puppy.

That's all for tonight. I need to get some zzz's while the puppy is sleeping. Sad, I know :-)

No comments: