Every day I pick up the kids from daycare, Theresa always has little stories about the kids that day and how the day went. Most times lately, they are not good reports about Evan. We get the "He didn't share well today." or "He and Will were fighting again today." or my favorite "He often does his dragon roar in the little kids faces when they take a toy away from him." .... sigh... My baby boy is turning into a dragon roaring, non-sharing, terrible two-year old boy. I am not ready for this. So, we are working on the roaring, we are working on the non-sharing and the sometimes hitting.
Emma is turning into a little Mother to all the kids at daycare. The Tuesday daycare report from Theresa about Emma was very good. "She is turning into a little Mother to all the little kids. However, she sometimes will tell the boys they need to go into time-out if they are naughty. She will try to stop them from fighting and will separate them if she thinks they need it." Then.. may favorite! Theresa was smiling for this part: "Then, when Emma laid down for nap, she told me that if I needed help with the little boys, I can get her up. She would separate the little boys for me." Ahhh.. my helpful little girl!
Now, some of you know that Tim and I are departing on a pretty big trip soon (YEAH!!!!) and I have been pretty sad lately thinking about the time away from my kids. So, I have been hugging them a little more and talking more about how Mommy and Daddy are going to be gone. Emma is excited for her vacation too and told me when I said I was going to miss her. "Oh Mommy, you will be fine! I will give you a kiss before you leave."
we have some fun Easter plans coming up! I bought a whole bunch of eggs for us all to dye and then bought some Easter cupcakes, frosting, and decorations for the kids to decorate. I am pretty sure we will have a visit from the Easter bunny too and the kids are very excited for that!
One more fun thing... Emma's first t-ball practice is tomorrow! Hopefully it does not rain as she is so excited! We have been practicing a lot in our front yard and she loves running the bases, practicing catch and hitting the ball. Evan of course is right there with her and having a great time as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment