Saturday, April 2, 2011

The missing kernel

After a wonderful vacation of sorts for our family (which will be posted about later), the Heuer family retired to their basement to watch the newest DVD in their movie collection, Tangled. Tangled is a great movie, full of color, action, humor, great music, and (sigh) a love story. We were almost done with the movie when Tim and I hear from the youngest of the Heuer clan, "Daddy, I got popcorn in my nose." I whip my head around from the other couch and say, "Evan, WHAT?" He looks at Tim, "Daddy, I got popcorn up my nose." Tim doesn't seem concerned and passes over the statement, so I settle back in and continue watching. A few minutes later, once again the questionable statement is spoken, "Daddy. I got popcorn up my nose." Then, Evan starts picking his nose. Tim, once again, doesn't really bat an eye and says, "Evan, blow your nose." So, Evan fumbles with a napkin and starts picking again. "Tim!" (an exasperated wife proclaims) "check your sons nose!" "Yeah, I will." But with that statement comes no action. Finally, I get off of the couch because of the lack of follow up and proceed over to my son, who is still picking his nose. "Evan, Let Mama see." Evan tips up his head and I take a look. I don't really see anything that resembles popcorn, but do see something. So, I take a napkin and tell Evan to blow. Once he does, I take the napkin away from his nose and .... I see it... A popcorn kernel. Evan stuffed a popcorn kernel up his nose. Seriously - Why?? Why would he stuff that up there? What is it in his little mind that thinks.. "Gee - here is a small round object. Maybe I should stuff it up a small hole I have in my nose. Hmmm.. that could be cool." At least he told us and it came out easily. I shudder to think what is next to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Kelly, but I'm laughing hysterically reading this post. Ah, the joys of raising boys!!

Sarah said...

My coworker's son stuck a bead up his nose... same thing, they put him to bed, and he mumbled, "There's a bead in my nose." They thought he was saying 'bee,' and they knew that wasn't the case... but after he repeated it a few more times, some investigative digging resulted in some sort of bead from some game or art project they had at home.

:)