Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Water

Many of the things the kids and I do involve water. Swimming at the cabin... playing in the sprinklers, splashing in puddles, umbrella in the rain, whatever... So, here are some pictures of us enjoying the water.


This past Friday was Kaylee's birthday! Happy 5th Birthday Kaylee! To celebrate, what better way than a kiddie car wash :-) The whole Kellogg and Heuer clan helped out with this one (and Papa of course!) to put together this:




Luckily it wasn't horribly difficult to put together. . . just slice some PVC pipes, add the fun doodads and hook up a sprinkler! The kids of course had to help, but then it was mostly Papa who assembled it once the kids were resting. Once rest time was over (and the rain stopped), the fun happened! The kids loved running through it and had a blast.



Close-up of Evan having fun:





And running through the car wash.





Here is Emma!






And Kyra showing her toothless smile!





Then, some of you may know that we had torrential downpours on Saturday morning. This resulted in a big puddle in our backyard. And... when I saw big.... I mean BIG!





So, once again, how could the kids resist? They hadn't even had breakfast yet and they were out there splashing.









Then, the slip-n-slide! Ahh... I have fond memories of the slip-n-slide from my younger years. This was a fun summer activity for my sisters and my cousins! Granted, the one my children has differs a bit than the hot-silage-pile plastic than the ones my cousins and I used at times, but the concept is still the same - ha!



Meet the contenders:



Emma




Versus Evan:







In the end... fun won out!



Then.. one final shot of Evan taking a bath in my laundry sink. His favorite thing to do after the sprinklers, puddles or whatever.










































No comments: