Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall on the farm

I posted a few weeks ago about our trip to the farm - ahem... the black eye :-) (which, yes, I have been giving Dad crap about this every chance I get) but I am not sure if I posted much else about the trip. The main reason we were going down there was to help put in their wood floor and see the progress on their new house, however, we did a lot of fun outdoorsy stuff as well.

The kids love playing with the farm toys, the swingset, riding the gator, going in the barns, and going out to eat while on the farm.  They get there, instantly claim their beds in the spare bedroom and put clothes in the dressers (which I think is hilarious. Even if only there for a night, they put their clothes in the dresser) and go get out toys or go and play outside.  They can play for a long time by the backdoor and patio playing with the farm toys, crushed rock, and whatever else they can find.  Evan, for one, really enjoys going hunting for treasures at the farm right by the pole shed.  Dad and the guys do a lot of fixing of farm equipment there, so Evan finds lots of treasures like washers, welding sticks (or whatever they are), corn, fun rocks, screws, plus other random little things.  This particular weekend, it was beautiful outside so they were playing out there a lot.

No comments: