Every night, I have to remind my children to brush their teeth. Well, this particular Saturday night was no different. Either was Evan's response "No - I don't WANT to brush my teeth." sigh....
So, I went into my normal speech "Evan - if you don't brush your teeth. You will get cavities" and when he asks what cavities are (because I am prepared for this question) I know how to respond. "Cavities are little holes in your teeth that you get from not brushing your teeth and keeping the sugar on your teeth. They hurt a lot and we need to do everything we can to not get cavities."
He ponders my answer and runs off to brush his teeth and go potty. While he is at the toilet, he looks at me inquisitively and asks "So... if I don't go potty, will I get cavities in my pee-pee?"
While I wasn't prepared to answer THAT question, I think my laughter and emphatic No! did jut fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment