Sunday, July 21, 2013

The weekend recap

5 days straight of t-ball and baseball this week, the weekend ball jamboree and we are done!  I think the kids are happy to be all done, as am I.  But, let's go back to Saturday.

Saturday was a day of errands for the Heuer clan.  Tim had to take his weekly trip to Menards with the kids, while I did a few small errands of my own.  After that, it was back to the house where I proceeded with laundry, a bit of garden weeding, and cleaning the house.  Emma helped me bake some pound cake while Evan napped and while they watched the new Disney summer movie, Teen Beach Movie, I did a workout and got ready for t-ball.

Saturday night was the t-ball jamboree for Evan. Their games are two innings, although for the jamboree they played three.  (Evan is the little guy in red shorts)

 The team did pretty well and it has been fun to watch them progress over the past 8-10 weeks.  This game though was the same with roughly 5 kids chasing after the ball when it is hit and the kids getting most excited about the snack afterwards.  This night though, they were all excited as Tim handed out medals to everyone!  Evan had a great season and I think he really enjoyed it.  I suspect that he will want to sign up next year.


Today was another busy day.  I headed out early to the grocery store to beat the Sunday rush while Tim was home cleaning up rooms, making sure the kids cleaned theirs, and putting away laundry.  After that, Tim headed out to work on the deck and I made lunch.  Then, Sage and I headed out for a run while the kids watched the rest of the Disney movie for rest time.



Sage was pretty tired after our run and went to jump in her little pool to cool off.


 Emma played a double header tonight.  (their games are 3 innings each)  She is ready for the season to be over.  While she really enjoyed getting to know some other girls, I am not sure that she will be a big sports gal. Here is a picture of the team - Emma is in the first row with the black visor and sunglasses on. She had a few nice hits but said she gets bored standing in the field waiting for the ball to come.




Evan got a bit bored during Emma's double header.  While I came stocked with little learning sheets, crayons, and kid magazines we still had to go for many walks, play catch, walk to get umbrella's (for the sum), and get snacks.



After the games, we headed to Afton to one of our little favorite ice cream parlors - which was good because apparently today is National Ice Cream Day!  We ate our yummy ice cream, then went for a walk to see the St. Croix  River and gawk at the huge boats in the slips along side it.

Then, home for a snacky supper and then bed.

And -for any one that is keeping track - here is the progress on our deck:



The kids (and Sage) are excited that they can walk on our deck now and I have to admit, it is pretty neat to see how it is coming along.  Tim has put a lot of time into it lately.  It is coming to a point soon where I am able to help more and I plan on taking a day off of work soon to help Tim build some frames for the walls.

Now - on to another busy week!  Work has been crazy busy/stressful for me lately, but I am taking Friday off to have a nice relaxing day with the kids.  Hopefully a trip to the Park Reserve or something will be in order.



No comments: