Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back to the swing of things - back to school 2013

And now - we are back to school.  Back to normal, maybe?  Back to the crazy-hectic lifestyle of getting a little girl on the bus, a little guy to his daycare, packing two backpacks - one for second grade and one for preschool, a Mom to work, a Dad to work, and all by 7:10 am.. WHEW!  It is nice this year because the Kellogg's and the Heuer's were able to work out schedules to have adults home to get kids on the bus and off the bus this year.  Unfortunately it means that I get to work at 6:30 in the  morning now.  It is a bit early and I normally don't see the kids before I go, other than the kiss on the forehead as they sleep in their bed and I dash out the door.  But still, that means I get to leave work at 3:30, which so far is pretty nice.

The first days of school went great. Emma was pretty excited but a bit  nervous.  Evan and I picked out donuts for the little ones for the first day. Evan gobbled his down, but Emma ate just a small bit of cereal.  Then, as it was just her and I at the table then, she said.  "Mom, were you ever pretty excited for something and then when it came to the day of, you got kind of nervous?"  So, I assured her that I was the same way before the first day of school and she seemed to feel better.  It was funny, and it just shows how old she is getting, because as I kept asking her about eating, and not eating her donut, she eventually said, "MOM!  Enough about the donut, I don't want to eat it now! Sheesh!"  I thought that was pretty funny!

Here are the standard first day of school pics:










And - because it seems to be the "thing" to do now... I asked Emma what she wanted to be when she grows up :-)  She didn't know.


At first Evan didn't know what he wanted to be when he grew up either.  Then, he chose a mouse.  Yup, that isn't a typo. He did literally say a mouse.  With a really long tail, but since he didn't have a tail yet, he needed to get started on that one.

Here he is at Theresa's before the bus came. He was pretty excited too.  Especially since Will was going to his preschool as well.  And that he got to ride a big bus.


The three little ones from Theresa's going to preschool.




His first ride on the big bus --


He got on with no problem ( and with no tears from me!).  He didn't seem as sure what to do when he got on the bus, but luckily there was a teacher on the bus to help him out.

Both kids had great, great days.  I think it will be a good year!

No comments: