Happy 5th Birthday Evan!!!
He woke up excited and ready to go! The first thing right away was to open presents! This picture was taken about 7am when I got back from the grocery store.
From us, he got a Planes play set and a book about the new movie Planes.
From Emma it was an assortment of gifts - a bubble plane, shooting, whistling arrows, and a new kite.
I surprised him that morning with a balloon, birthday donuts, and many hugs and kisses.
Here he is sporting his new Jake and the Neverland Pirates bandanna. Whenever I asked what he wanted for his birthday, the answer was a Jake and the Neverland pirates head thing. So - here is his head thing!
After he opened presents, it was a very busy day for the Heuer House. Tim had a bunch of guys over to help on the roof of our new porch and I was on kid duty - aka - distract the kids from bothering the guys working on the roof! But it was a good thing because we played with all of Evan's new toys, did a Jake and the Neverland pirates adventure in our neighbors backyard (because they have awesome paths in their natural Minnesota grassland yard and the grass is taller than me in some places!) We saw the movie planes, we had a water balloon fight and turned on the sprinklers for my kiddos and the Kellogg kiddo's and then had ice cream!
Evan felt really bad that he wasn't having a big birthday party like Emma did on his birthday and I tried to make up for it as much as I could. The day of his actual birthday was busy and then he had his best bud Will over on Sunday, along with family up on Sunday as well.
![]() |
| Evan and Will |
What can I say about this little man at 5? He has a stubborn streak in him - MAN - does he ever! He can be so feisty and stubborn at times! He is outgoing, adventurous, and has a great imagination. He loves playing with Disney Cars, Disney Planes, Trains, pirates, and loves being outside.
He is getting better at riding his two wheeler, but is still nervous to get on the bike and get started on his own.
He is a great helper around the house. He is usually always one to help in the garden with only one ask and loves helping his Daddy outside.
He LOVES his sister. Usually... Whatever she does, he wants to do (other than playing dolls or playing dress up or other girlie things) whatever she says, he says, he idolizes her.
He is such a good boy and I am so thankful to have him!
Thanks to everyone for the birthday cards and wishes for Evan! He absolutely loves getting mail. Thank you cards may be a bit delayed as I am planning on waiting for his school pictures to come out so I can include them in the envelope. But, please know that he absolutely loved them!
![]() |
| Evan at one day old! |
![]() |
| Evan's first pics at home. (I love this pic of Emma too - she looks so tiny!) |
![]() |
| His first birthday |
| Evan's third birthday party! |
| And Evan at 5 with his birthday loot! |




No comments:
Post a Comment