Finally! He is home and life is back to normal. We are all thankful. And - to all of those that care - Tim got a moose! He got one roughly a week into the trip - saw it along the lake at about 250 yards - and shot it 3 times. It was roughly 1300 pounds and we will be eating moose for a long, long time. The good news, is that it is good! We ate moose steaks last weekend twice and it was good AND both kids like it. We just need to buy another freezer (yup, I am serious!) and we should be good.
So - what did we do? I took the kids to a hibachi grill for the first time andt they loved it! While Evan really didn't try any of the food, he loved the show. Emma did really well at the show and ate a lot of her food and enjoyed it! It was a really good time.
We went to Red Lobster, see previous post, and then really just hung out. I got the kids on a pretty good schedule with homework, chores, and school and we did well.
I got into a weird organizing streak and cleaned out the closets, took things to GoodWill, and spruced things up a bit, which felt really good. I, in a fit of madness, arranged all of the clothes in my closet by color - in the order of the colors of the rainbow. And - you know what?? I really like it.
I hung up a few pictures I never got around to hanging and just went about life. It was okay.
Now - back to normal.
This weekend we are working on the porch (surprise, surprise) and getting ready for Halloween. The kids want to pick out pumpkins and I need to get their Halloween costumes together.
And now - to watching Nashville. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment