Monday, February 11, 2008

A new week

Happy Monday everyone!

What a great weekend I had. Well, first I had a bout of morning sickness that was NOT enjoyable. I was not sure for awhile if I had the flu or if it was the baby reminding me of his/her presence. However, now I am pretty sure it was the baby. I know that morning sickness is supposed to be good - however, try telling that to the person who is super nauseous. (Okay, I have no idea how to spell that word.) It was nice that Emma could spend a little time with "Kisten" so I could get some food in my stomach and take it a bit easy.

My parents came up for a Valentine party on Friday. The girls had a great time! All of our parties now include song & dance time. The girls rocked out to "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "I'm a little tea pot" and "The Hokey Pokey" to name a few. It is so fun to see them dancing and twirling around. They needed it after the candy, cupcakes, and more candy they ate.

Friday night was book club at my house! So nice to see my friends and discuss book and other various topics. One main topic was childbirth and pregnancy, since everyone had to remind me what I was in store for again - ha! I strongly recommend our book to all blog readers "The Thirteenth Tale" By Diane Setterfield. For all in the Durand area, I am sure it will be floating aroud in a few weeks once my sister is done reading it. It was one of those books for me that I could not put down.

Saturday was the Mall of America and maternity clothes shopping - already. For some reason the clothes that I currently have make me shudder. I really only have a need for pants now, but I guess I was so ready to be done with them the first time around that I am NOT looking forward to wearing them the second time around. Thank goodness for Old Navy and some cheaper, yet somewhat stylish, maternity clothes. Mom, the Kellogg's and Emma came for that lovely experience, although the little girls REALLY enjoyed the Disney Store. Nana bought Emma a Cinderella doll which she loves. Rella is constantly with Emma, getting a new diaper, eating plastic food, and enduring many hugs and random conversation. Very cute.

Sunday was a nice low-key day. With the cold weather and Tim around, we just hung around the house. It was very nice. I just wish we could get the monkey to sleep in later! She is always up around 6:15. Too early in my book!

Otherwise, this week is busy. Tim is traveling to Cincinnati, I have my midwife appointment!!, and Valentine's Day. No, Tim and I do not really celebrate Valentine's day. We buy cards and that is pretty much it. Although, I think I do tell him every year that if he feels the need to buy me something - go with it. Except if it is another ice-fishing shack. I think we have like 4 of those already at the cabin!

Time for bed - more later. (sorry, I am not proof-reading it either. My eyes are droopy!)

No comments: