Emma has been such a joy lately. What a great age! They are so many times when I think, man, she cannot get any cuter. Of course, then (like tonight) there are times when I think - kid, just go to bed :-) What a great Mom, eh? She continues to talk about Bob and Apples and whenever we go outside, we have to check out the tracks and see if Bob is there. Coincidentally, we have been seeing Bob lately and his lady friend - walking around and enjoying the nice weather. It has been nice to get outside and go for short walks. I look forward to it warming up so we can continue with that.
She has been really into hiding lately - which has made my heart stop a few times when I cannot find her right away. Good thing for me that she either starts laughing or squirming so I can find her within a few seconds (which feel like minutes). Last night she was in the bathtub and wanted to play peek-a-boo with the shower curtain. So, she pulls the shower curtain in front of her and I pretend I cannot find her, which makes her laugh hysterically. I look in drawers, the closet, etc. then start asking Tim - "Tim - have you seen Emma?" To which Emma replies "No Mama!" (while she is still hiding. I laugh and ask Tim again, "Tim - is Emma by you?" More giggles and a "No Mama!" Ahh - that kid!
Her favorite question now?? "Doing?" Constantly - over and over "Doing Mama?? Doing Dada?" She will wake up and call for me - so I go to her room to get her up. Right away when I walk to her room - "Doing Mama?"
She loves playing with my make-up and is very quick at getting it when I am not looking. I think purple is her color - don't you?And her babies - constantly carrying her babies with her - in her crib for naptime, right next to her chair for lunch - everywhere. Each day we dress them, give them baths, etc. She is a very good Mommy.
The little Monkey washing dishes yesterday morning. Tim said I have probably opened up a huge can of worms with this one, but she wanted to help and it is about time she starts earning her keep!Baby #2 is good. Bones are hardening, getting bigger each day and gaining weight. Apparently the baby could be sucking his/her thumb already and if it takes after the big sister, it probably already is.
I had some alone time on Sunday which was much needed. I went shoe shopping - YEAH! I have discovered after bringing out my maternity clothes that I need new shoes. So - I bought 3 pair. I couldn't resist and anyway, I am pregnant and I can do that - right? But, the good news is that for 3 pair of shoes, they only cost $57 total. WHAT A BARGAIN!!
I leave you with a picture of Emma after her bath. She kept saying Potty, potty, potty, so finally I put her on the potty. But then, she was cold, so I had to put the towel around her, then she needed a story, blah blah blah. I think she was just avoiding going to bed. But, the picture turned out pretty cute.

Happy days!
No comments:
Post a Comment