Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to Blog-Land...kind of

So, we now have internet, but not wireless. What does that mean for me? It means being upstairs in the room we are re-doing for Emma's big girl room and typing on a normal keyboard when I am used to an ergonimic. Hence, this post will take me 15 minutes to type, versus my normal 5. It is amazing how once you get used to typing on one type of keyboard, you can't function on a regular. And YES, I realize that I could go downstairs and get the ergonomic and plug it in up here, but I don't feel like. so there....

things are good here. Hectic, but good. Tim is leaving tomorrow for Milwaukee and Oshkosh so we will not see him until Thursday late evening, which leaves me with crabby Emma. She has been so crabby at night and it is driving me crazy. I don't know if she is just tired, going through a growth spurt, or just crabby as around 6:30 I am down dealing with her for the evening. Which is really sad as I pick her up from daycare at 5:00. Don't get me wrong, I love the little monkey, but when she gets in a mood, I can't take it. I was never known for my patience (no comments on this one) and especially now being uncomfortable with Baby #2, I really don't have it. Theresa today was telling me how Emma is the best listener at her day care and the most considerate - Hmm, "Emma who, exactly?" I guess we are in her terrible two's.

she does have her cute moments. lately she has been big into presents. Where she got this from, I don't know. But she will find a box, throw stuff into it (random stuff) and give it to either Tim or myself while exclaiming, "Present Mama!!" it is kind of fun to see what she has stashed in the present. It ranges from her baby dolls to candy to tupperware. We went to the zoo this past Friday with the neighbors and everyone had a great time. The farm babies were there, so Emma got to pet a baby goat, duck, and piglet. Piglet's are the cutest animals... makes me miss Wilber. Which, we almost have Emma's Uncle Roger (from Webster, not Milwaukee) talked into keeping a pet pig for her - YEAH! Maybe it is more for her Mom than Emma, but I don't care :-)

Baby #2 is good - next week is the big ultrasound! so - for those of you that don't want to know the sex of the baby, don't read the blog from next Friday until the baby is born as I bet it will come up a few times. I get pretty excited about it at times and then not so much as I am still not 100% sure I want to know what the baby is. Hopefully I will be able to post the ultrasound pictures (if someone can tell me how to do that - I hear scanning doesn't work??) as our hospital now has 3D ultrasounds. Those are pretty cool. Baby #2 is also moving around a lot more lately, which has been neat also.

Work is still going well and I have been receiving some good feedback still - which makes me feel good. although I will repeat what I always say, "I hate working with Stupid People!" Which is unfortunate as stupid people are everywhere it seems.

We are up to the cabin this weekend. The basement is finished and the furniture is being delivered this weekend - YEAH! Tim is off work on Friday, so we are heading up early Friday. Although due to the weather, we may lay low and watch movies, which sounds great.

More when I can - I must admit - at first it was so weird not having the internet. I felt totally detached and I didn't like that I couldn't read all of the blogs! But then, it was kind of liberating! I never realized how much time I spent on the internet until I did not have it. So, with that, I am off to do some online shopping at Gap Maternity!

No comments: