that has been a common phrase in the Heuer household lately. "No, Mama - Emma do it." Over and over - getting into the carseat, picking out clothes in the morning, getting into the wagon - pretty much everything is, "No, Mama - Emma do it." So, tonight after bath, then after popcorn, juice and stories, it was finally ready for her to go to bed. She struggled for a bit as she always does and wanted to keep rocking - but finally both Tim and I reach a point where we are done and she needs to go to bed. Tonight, instead of the usual crying, she got out of the recliner - gave Tim a kiss and proceeded to walk up the stairs. I followed her to see what she would do. she walked into her dark room and proceeded to climb onto the crib and heave her little body over the railing (which she loves doing). I asked if she needed help and I got the usual, "No, Mama - Emma do it." She inched her way onto her pillow and said "Ni-Night Mama - love you" and started sucking her thumb. So, I covered her up, said I love you and left... My big girl :-)
Now - from my own personal blog fairy (aka Molly!) here is the long post I typed out on Sunday which I lost somehow. She recovered through google reader (or something like that) and I am able to now post it. THANKS!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello blog readers. Yes, I am still upstairs in our quasi-computer room while Tim tries to figure out the wireless. No fun. I am hoping to upload a current video of Emma from tonight, but we do not have sound on this computer currently - so you will have to tell me if it works. I understand why it takes Tim long to get around to doing things that I want him to do. Emma keeps him busy, work keeps him busy, and geting stuff ready for the cabin keeps him busy. But still - my internet is important too :-)
This past week went well. Work has started to quiet down a bit - but unfortunately that will be short lived as I am picking up more plants to plan for tomorrow. All-in-all, when all is said and done, I will be planning inventory for 9 plants. Pretty cool - well, to me it is, as that is what I like doing. The rest of you probably think it is boring. But, that is okay. I don't think I would ever have the patience for other things and that is what makes the world go round.
Emma - still crabby. Well, sometimes. She is lucky her cute factor outweighs her crabby factor. She is going through a Mom stage, which is really hard. I know I should like it because someday she won't like me that much, but when she cries because she wants me to put her in her carseat and not Tim - or me to make her food and not Tim - it is hard. I cannot imagine what it is going to be like when baby #2 is here - although maybe that is why she is going through this phase. She knows what is coming up in 5 months and is trying to get all the Mommy time that she can. She had a great time at the cabin - LOVES the cabin actually. Unfortunately this past weekend they got like 9 inches of snow, so we couldn't enjoy it that much. Seriously - WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WEATHER!? I want to be outside, playing with Emma, planting flowers, going for walks. Instead - we are still watching it snow. I guess this week is supposed to be much better - thank goodness.
I have my quilt for Emma half-way done. The top is all sewn - now I need to tie it together with all 3 layers and sew the rest. I had high hopes of doing it tonight, but tiredness got the best of me - so I am typing this up and am heading to bed.
Emma has been all about the princesses lately and she will often put on all of her prized jewelry, her princess shoes (once again - Thanks Molly!) and twirl around saying "Princess Mommy - Princess"! So cute :-) so, I am thinking for her upcoming second birthday (as I wipe the tear away) I may get her a princess dress. She was so desperate for a Princess dress the other day that I chip-clipped a dish towel around her. She Loved it! I tried to take some pictures, but she is also getting somewhat annoyed at the camera these days. You know, those Princesses just don't have time to slow down! She loves watching Cinderella and playing with her 2 Cinderella dolls (one is the Mommy and the other a Baby). She has begun roll-playing with her dolls lately also. She had Tim and I cracking up the other day as she was playing with her Cinderella doll and Sesame Street characters. The conversation among the dolls went like this:
Cinderella: "Elmo- ni-night."
Elmo: "No" (as Emma stands Elmo up in the little crib"
Cinderella: "Elmo - lay down. Ni-Night."
Elmo: (as Emma lays him down in the crib) "Okay Mama - ni-night"
Cinderella: (Emma presses Cinderella's head to Elmo's and makes a kissing sound."
I know, it probably doesn't sound that funny - but to watch her development and going from nothing to that is pretty cool. Plus- that is the way it goes with her - "Emma - good night - lay down!" ha!
So - as I have said before, the ultrasound is this Friday. Baby #2 is about 6 - 7.5 inches long and weights about 7 oz. I fought the urge to buy some majorly clearanced boy clothes today at Gap. Well, Tim told me it didn't make sense since we were finding out the sex on Friday. Which, I guess he is right. But - they were really on sale! I hope everything goes okay for the ultrasound. Me, being the dork that I am, called and confirmed the appointment to make sure they had the ultrasound listed and not just the 20 week prenatal check-up. I would have been so disappointed if they thought it was just the check-up, so I had to call and confirm.
also - taking a note from my cousin Jess's blog - watching the little ones grow up.... it is so hard! I think of that often as I watch Emma develop into the little girl that she is. She is almost 2! The little girl that took her sweet old time coming into this world - is almost 2! I remember minutes after she was born - just looking around and taking everything in - and that is how she has been since. Her expressions are priceless and she does everything with gusto! While I love watching her grow and play, at the same time it makes me sad. She can play with her babies and dollhouse on her own for like 20 minutes! I love it - but I realize that she is growing farther from me. With each of her stubborn, "No, Emma do it Mommy!" she is closer to going to school and not needing me as much. So, througout her crabbiness and stubborn times, I see her running to me when I pick her up at Theresa's. Her arms outstretched, yelling "Mommy, Mommy!" over and over... her burying her head by me when she is scared, and giving me kisses or sticking out her fingers so I can kiss her owies.. I wish I could video-tape every day so I remember these times. I do my best with the blog and my short minute video's I grab every so often - but I don't know if I am doing enough. I know before long I will forget how she smells after bath with her baby lotion on and her singing when she doesn't realize that I am listening. Life is good -
1 comment:
"Her expressions are priceless and she does everything with gusto!"
THIS... sounds just like her mama :-)
Post a Comment