The day started when Emma got up in the morning to celebrate her day. Right away we cheered and said happy birthday and I think she got the feeling that it was going to be a special day. She requested pancakes, ovals (eggs) and bacon for breakfast. But, she received pancakes with a smily face on them (courtesy of strawberries and bananas) and bacon - but she seemed okay with that! She played and ran some errands with Dad while I got my haircut. Before lunch she received a big surprise from the neighbors when they brought over a balloon bouquet with an Emma size Dora balloon. She LOVED it! It was basically life sized - she was kissing it and giving it hugs and thought it was hilarious when Dora would sing to her (or Momma pretending to be Dora!). It really put my balloon bouquet to shame, me being the cheap Mom that I am. But what a great surprise and gift for Emma.
After nap, we got her in her party dress, her friends came over and it was non-stop playing. Here are the 3 partners in crime. I got them sitting down long enough to snap a quick picture, then it was off to play with the new kitchen toy Emma received as a present and ring-around-the-rosy.

5 Pizza's were ordered for the party, which we found was more than we needed to feed the group that came over (along with the Kellogg's we had Nana, Papa, half-sister Gaeb, half-brother Eric and boyfriend Brian) But it was good and Emma enjoys left- overs. Here Emma is after the pizza before she dug into the cake. Yes - a homemade cake. Once again, the cheap Mom thinking this would do just fine (and if I do say so myself, tasted much better than store bought cake!)

Many presents and cards were opened, then off to more playing. All-in-all a great day. Emma was basically a walking zombie by the end of the night with all that happened, as was Mom and Dad! Thanks to everyone for the cards and presents and thinking of her on this day!
Now, I am off to bed. I am hoping to change my work hours to start and leave 15 minutes earlier to accommodate summer traffic. Blah- I hate traffic. Good thing it is only 3 days a week.
This week we are off to the cabin on Wednesday night for a nice, long, Memorial Day vacation. Here are some more pictures of the birthday.


1 comment:
YAY - Happy Birthday Emma!! Looks like you all had a very fun day :) Hope you're enjoying your nice, long weekend at the cabin...
Post a Comment