Well, if I had to pick a song that describes my mood this week, it would be "Take this job and shove it." Not sure who the singer is, but that is how I am feeling at this moment. I got to that point after working about 30 hours last week and am fearing I will approach that this week also. Basically, work stinks the past week. Nothing is going right or coming in when it is supposed to - hence, my new song title. I think I finally hit my breaking point when I starting crying tonight over supper.... steak and hashbrowns. One of my favorite meals, but yup, had a break down. Emma was so crabby tonight. She had a sore foot, needed to be held, wanted to go outside, but refused to put on shoes or shorts, and was just being difficult. However, even she stopped whining for one minute when I started crying and had a sad look on her face when she asked me what was wrong. Yup, even getting sympathy from a two year old.
I still like my job, but when things are good it is crazy and when things are bad, it is even crazier.
My boss told me to work on a "If you go into labor tomorrow plan" as I don't have a formal process written up for what I do and the woman who was hired to fill in while I am out has been assigned other job duties. So, I will start working on that. What I am thinking I will need if the job continues to be too stressful is the "when I go on bedrest" plan. Not a funny joke, I know, but stress is not good while pregnant.
Other than work, things are good. We had a great weekend at the cabin with friends and have family coming up this weekend for the 4th. So, at least the weekends have been good and relaxing. Emma still enjoys it up there and even enjoys the jet-ski. She asks to go for rides now, although threw me the first time when she asked for a lawnmower ride. Then, she pointed at the jetski. Her new favorite toy is the paddle boat. She pretends that she is a Pirate Piggy from Dora the Explorer and she rescues baby jaguar when he falls into the lake. Over and over and over.... She got a wake up call this weekend when she fell into the water from her floaty. Tim and I were pushing her back and forth and she became unbalanced and fell in. She was wearing her life jacket, but she got a big surprise and instantly wanted her towel and to go into the cabin. While she didn't like it, I was somewhat happy it happened on those terms so she knows what it is like. She pushes it too much on the lake and dock and needed to get a splash when she was in a safe environment. Yeah, I know, mean Mommy.
That is it - I need to go to bed and stop my rambling. More later - hopefully when I am in a better mood.
1 comment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_This_Job_and_Shove_It
http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?id=81375
And also, I posted the fruit pizza recipe on my blog :) I remembered some other book clubbers were interested too :)
Happy July 4th! See you next week!
Post a Comment