Wednesday, June 4, 2008

sickness, trucks, and other random thoughts

Unfortunately we had to deal with Emma being sick this week. For the first time, she had a little stomach bug. Which, really, was not that fun. But, she only got sick twice and the weird random thing? It was Sunday morning around 4:30am and Tuesday morning around 6:00am. Pretty weird, right? So, we don't know what was going on. Sunday morning she woke us up crying and yelling for my name and I was disoriented and not quite with it when I went in there and, well, it was not good. Poor Emma was so scared, the little one was just shaking. That day she was a bit sluggish, but not really bad at all. She didn't eat like she normally does, but she goes through streaks anyway. Monday was good at daycare and then Tuesday morning the same thing. But this time, Tim goes in there (as I was almost out the door to go to work) when Tim tells me that she got sick again. Emma was acting fine yesterday and in fact, when Tim went in there to get her up she told him "Emma better Dada, tummy better." She kept saying that and both Tim and I took half-days to stay home with her yesterday. Today she is fine again. Hopefully, that is over! Although, I now realize how a person can go into super Mom mode to take care of the little ones.

Tim, well we I guess, bought a new truck yesterday. Not a NEW truck, a new to us truck. A 2006 Ford 150 with a full backseat. Tim's old truck still worked well, but it did not work that well with one car seat, let alone two. So, the new one was a nice cab in the back, full seat, 2 doors, just right for a feisty toddler and an infant. I really like, it is fully loaded, leather seats, really nice and he got a fabulous deal. I guess that is the one silver lining to having higher gas prices! Emma loves it and always wants to go for a ride. So - with that being said, if you or anyone you know, is looking for a well-maintained Ford 150, red, 150,000 miles that was very well taken care of... let us know. Tim will give you a great deal!

Work is still pretty stressful. I actually ended on a good note today so I didn't feel guilty taking off for my two days. The workload I am doing may be too much for a part-time person, but we will see. I almost thought about going in for a bit tomorrow, but quickly changed my mind. I value my "Emma Days" too much. Although, now when I pick up Emma from Theresa's she isn't so ready to come home. Tonight she wanted to stay and ping (or swing as we all call it) and wanted to go back tomorrow. Although, I have a pretty good feeling that tomorrow when she wakes up tomorrow she will be pretty excited.

I saw the Sex and the City movie last night with some friends and LOVED IT! What a great show - I was needing a little girl bonding time and that worked :-) I hope they make another one, I just can't get enough of the 4 ladies!

This weekend we are heading up to the cabin on Friday evening and coming back Saturday. Tim has a meeting for the lake association ( he is the treasurer) and then we are heading home Saturday night. I have book club on Sunday. We read "Mistaken Identity" about 2 women who were mistaken for each other after a bad car accident. It was pretty good. I also read Jodi Picoult "19 minutes" - that was FABULOUS! It was very sad, it really made me think about school bullying and shootings and what poor little Emma has to look forward to when she gets older. I am scared about what the world is going to be like in 12 years. I hope I can raise Emma so she is a strong, happy young woman, with good self-esteem.

I think that is all I know for now. I should clean the dishes, pick up the random toys, but I think I may blow that off and do some digital scrapbooking! I have been getting a lot of pages done and it makes me pretty happy! Tomorrow I am hoping to get another start on the baby quilts I am making. Argh... I have too much to do and very little time. Less than 100 days to baby. The little guy is almost 2 pounds now! I have my next doctors appointment next Friday and it is the long one. The sugary fluid to check for diabetes, RH shot... fun, fun.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Amber said...

You always sound so busy Kel!! So...Tim's looking to sell his truck, what's a "good deal"? I don't think I have your email, send me a line amber.brunner@bresnan.net

Sarah said...

Although I often vent to my friends about the bad parts of school, I want you to know that daily, priceless memories are made and students make me smile and be thankful for what I do as well! School doesn't have to be a negative place. And you are right, how well you are raising her (because I know you are the best! :) will make a big difference as well.

See you Sunday!
Love, Sarah