Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Frustrations...

I knew that Emma would do some regressions with her potty training after the baby was born. Well, I heard she most likely would. The problem is that she is doing them about 2 weeks early! She was doing so good, now all of a sudden she is having accidents. But the kicker is that she is only doing them at home - not at Theresa's. She is doing fabulous at Theresa's - she is just being stubborn at home. So, she has had to sit in the naughty corner a few times. I know they say you are not supposed to discipline kids about potty training if they have accidents, but she knows what she is doing, so I figure why not? If we were at the store, or outside or something like that, I would maybe consider it an accident. BUT, when I am asking her all the time if she needs to go OR when she is playing in her room right by her bathroom, I don't think that it is an accident. I kind of blame myself as the past few days she has been wearing pull-up's and I don't think she watches it as much in those. But today, I decided to go back to the undies and what do I get? Messes. So, I know I need to be consistent. Anyway, it is driving me crazy. Not sure what to do, other than keep her in the undies and keep working on it.


Emma has taken on a new interest lately in soccer. There is a Dora the Explorer episode where Dora plays soccer with her cousin Daisy and shows off her super soccer kick. So now, Emma has to play soccer and be Dora, I am Daisy, and she does her super soccer kick. She actually isn't that bad at kicking it for a 2 year old. Tonight I taught her about passing and set up a little goal for her to kick it in. She had a lot of fun. When Tim came home, he was teaching her about how to be the goalie. Starting out a little young I know, but I LOVE that she is somewhat interested in sports. I am hoping she will be athletic and have an interest in playing something when she is older!

She has also taken a special interest in picking out her clothes. Tim called me at work one morning to tell me how Emma was (yes, he does this every morning :-) and had to tell me about her outfit. She had on a pink Dora shirt, blue shorts, purple polka dot leggings, blue socks and blue Ariel sandels. He said it was so cute, obviously not matching, but very cute. She was very proud of herself for picking it out. Well, this is what she picked out yesterday to wear AND put it on herself. Doesn't she look proud? I couldn't resist taking a picture.

We had a great weekend! Saturday Tim, Emma, and I ran errands and just hung out at home. It was nice to relax here and not have an agenda for anything. We got ice cream in the afternoon and stopped by the neighbors to pick up the cradle for the little one whenever he decides to show up - which I hope is soon. 2.5 more weeks to go! I have all the people in the office commenting "Ah - are you still here?" "Man - you like tired." "Oh - I think the baby has dropped!" "I bet you are ready for that baby!" Yeah - get sick of the comments. There is something about pregnant woman that people can't resist making comments. I understand, but after awhile it gets old.

Sunday was the picnic at the park with my sisters, parents, nieces/nephew and aunt & uncle. Everyone had a great time! The weather was beautiful, the food was really good, and the kids had so much fun playing! I had a nice time swimming for awhile also while Emma wanted to hang out with Tim.

What a good looking group - don't you think. Plus, one more on the way soon.... in 19 days... or hopefully less :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

OH MY GOODNESS... I haven't laughed out loud at a blog post lately, but this was the one tonight. My goodness, you and your stories. I expect they will only get better what with adding a second!

And the picture with Emma in her outfit she picked out? YES, YES! This is the picture that looks SOOO much like you Kelly! Usually I think she still looks mostly like Tim, but WOWWWW! Little Kel Kel in this picture. Cute!

OK. I'll stop rambling now... have a good weekend!