(First, let me apologize, I tried to upload pictures, but keep getting an error. So -I guess I will post pictures later)
It was so nice to have a night back to normal. Tim came home after work, we made supper, him and Em went to the garden and I did dishes - back to normal. I love it. Although, the start of the day didn't go so well. I AGAIN did not sleep. Which, Kristen told me that when she was pregnant with Kaylee, she had some insomnia. Man, I hope that is not me. So, I looked up insomnia and pregnancy and discover that 78% of woman suffer some insomnia during pregnancy. So, before bed tonight, I will take a nice hot shower, finish my book club book (Swimming to Antarctica)and wind down. Hopefully that helps.
Emma had a rough morning at daycare again! Apparently, she didn't want Tim to go and was a pretty sad and unhappy camper for Theresa for about an hour after he left. She did have fun eventually, but that was after she refused to eat breakfast, didn't want to watch Cinderella, and was just being sad all over. No good. I guess it will take her a few days to get used to things again. This is making me feel really good that Tim and I decided to continue Emma in daycare when I am on maternity leave. She really needs her schedule and I think it would be hard on everyone if she was off of it for 12 weeks. Hopefully she is better soon.
So, like I mentioned yesterday, Tim is back home! He had some fun stories to share and some fun gifts! Emma made out like a bandit. She got a little tea set, some silk pajama's, Princess stickers for her room, a purse, hair clips, and the thing she was very excited about?? Microwave popcorn. We sent some with Tim in his care package and he didn't eat it. She found it in his bag and was so excited about the popcorn! "Daddy brought popcorn! Yummy popcorn!" He got me a very pretty long strand of pearls, pearl earrings, a purse, some cute bracelets, and a little note pad. He did a pretty good job - I was impressed.
Emma loved going to the airport to pick him up. Unfortunately with all the increased security, we could not go in the airport - just the baggage area. But, we stopped at a spot right by the airport so she could see planes take off - she liked that a lot!
On Saturday we went to the Washington County Fair with the neighbors. They were very kind to take Emma on the rides as I couldn't because of the pregnancy. Or, as Emma says about everything now, "Mama can't because she too big!" Gee... thanks Emma... like I need a reminder from a 2 year old. She was been pretty funny lately. Her expressions and her language have really expanded lately (for good and bad) and Tim mentioned how much better she is talking. Better in some instances, not in others. I forget that she is constanly listening, even when I don't think she is. For instance, the other day I am sitting at a stop light behind someone, minding my business and probably humming along to a song. What does Emma say? "Go Guy! Why you not going? Go Guy!" So apparently, I was mad at some point with a guy in front of me who was not going fast enough through a light. And of course, Emma had to pick up on it. Tonight, Kristen dropped off some carseats for her girls as Emma and I are picking them up from daycare this week. The girls were in the wagon ready to go back home when Emma looks sad and says, "Hey - I have no friends to play with now." She got really upset this past week when 2 deer were in our garden eating the green beans. I was yelling out the window trying to scare them away and I hear her yell (while she is sitting on the potty) "Mama - what happening?" Then all of a sudden, she is running into my bedroom, bare buns at all to see what is going on. Then, she starts yelling out the window too. "Go deer - no eat Daddy's garden. Go Bambi - those Daddy's! Run deer - NO!" She yelled for about 3 minutes as the deer stared at us and cocked their heads to figure out what was going on. The list goes on and on. It is fun to watch her develop, but then not so fun as she insists on other things that can't happen at the moment, like getting a piece of gum, having a certain snack, or something like that. Sometimes, she will just not let it go. I do not give in, because I know that will only make it worse, but still, it is hard.
That's it for now - I need to start my winding down. Here's wishing that I sleep better tonight. Hopefully pictures soon! Stupid blogger - maybe these are the problems that led people to switch to a different site.
1 comment:
Really glad that Tim made it home safely. I think it is hilarious that Emma thought the popcorn was the best part of the gifts. Kids...kind of like when they enjoy the box the gift comes in better than the gift.
Exciting seeing the days counting down till the baby comes! I'm sure you are too...
Post a Comment