Friday, August 8, 2008

The levels we go....

I just scared my daughter into taking a nap in her big girl bed. Okay, maybe scared is a harsh word, but she did her little song & dance before nap. Which, is unusual, because she normally goes down for her nap with no problem. ANYWAY, she was at the top of the stairs, just laying there and not wanting a nap. So I go up there, ask her to go to her bed and she says no. So, fine, nap at the top of the stairs. Then a few minutes later I hear her go to her room and I am curious as to what she is doing. Well, when I check on her again, she is now covered up with her princess blanket. Enough is enough I think and tell her that she needs to go into her room so if I start vacuuming it won't scare her. (She HATES it when I vacuum.) She looks at me alarmed - "you are going to vacuum Mama?" "I might and if I do, it would be better if you were in your room. I know you don't like it when I vacuum." She promptly goes to her room, lays down and covers up. She asks me one more time about my intentions about vacuuming and I say, "Well, as long as you are in your room, you won't hear the vacuum and will stay asleep." Then rolls over and sucks her thumb. Now, mind you, I have no intentions of vacuuming. I actually intend on reading my book "The Jane Austen Book Club" and napping myself. I am so exhausted right now that I feel I could fall asleep typing. So, I will take a nap, then bake a cake. I should clean, but just am not up for it today. So there - the levels we go to get our little ones to sleep in their beds. Am I ashamed? No, not really. I COULD have vacuumed, but she doesn't need to know that!

I had my doctors appointment today and baby Heuer is doing great. Everything is progressing as it should and my body is starting to show a few signs that it is getting ready to go. Not yet - not in a few days, just where it should be for a woman who is now 36 weeks pregnant! So, that is good. We are heading up to the cabin tonight for the last time before Junior makes his appearance and I am really looking forward to that. I am bringing a book my digital scrapbooking stuff, and some yummy food - like cake! I figure Tim owes me a lot of watching Emma time, so I am hoping to get some scrapbook pages down this weekend. But, I rarely do when I am there - I just spend the time outside.

On a sidenote - one of my friends told me they are calling ole' #4 from the Packers "Jet Favre" I think that is kind of funny, sad but funny. Tim thinks this whole soap opera is hilarious and laughs when I cringe at seeing Brett Favre at the press conference with the Jets. Once again, it just doesn't seem real.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: