Sunday, April 26, 2009

Witness to a miracle

Tonight I got the pleasure of meeting one of the newest little people on this earth. Bennett Clarence Boysen was born on April 24 to my best friend Megan and her husband Brian. He is an adorable baby and his two doting parents are so excited. It is so neat to go to the hospital to meet the little one, especially after having one, to know the excitement/apprehension/nervousness/extreme joy that is going on in Megan & Brian's world. Bennett is 7#, 3oz and is so tiny! It is so hard to remember my little ones that small - and Evan is only 8 months old! Luckily, holding little Bennett didn't make me want to have another yet (haha!) but it is fun to think back when I was in the hospital after having Emma and Evan. Congrats to Megan & Brian & baby Bennett!

Sorry it has been so long between posts. Our life is not slowing down one bit! From the triathlon and the knowledge that I need to work out more (even though it doesn't happen!) and the upcoming garage sale and my to-do list which never gets smaller - I just run out of time. I have also been bringing my work home lately as there are not enough hours in the day to get all of my work done when I am there.

The kids are good. Emma's favorite thing right now is arguing. Lovely.
Me: "Emma - don't stand up on your chair, you could fall."
Emma: "No, Mama, I won't"
Me: "Emma - don't run up the stairs - you could fall."
Emma: "No, Mama, I won't"
Me: "Emma - your shoes are on the wrong feet."
Emma: "No, Mama, they are not."
so on and so forth. It is lovely, really. Tim has tried reverse psychology on her. It can be so frustrating sometimes, especially when she has no idea what she is arguing about! We were leaving the park reserve in our town one day and she made some comment that we had already left. I told her "No, Emma, the park reserve is really big and we are still driving through it." and OF COURSE - her response; "No, Mama, we are not. We have left." "No, Emma - we are still in the park reserve." "No, Mama, we aren't." Hmmmm.... and then my patience runs out and I let our conversation stop.

Evan is good. No teeth like I thought were coming in, although I swear I saw one! Also, he may be allergic to wheat so I am going to be taking him to an allergist one of these days for some testing. The next door neighbor commented one time after seeing his rash (which I though was ezcema) that she thought it was a rash due to a food allergy. Me, being bad Mom, never gave that a though - so we experimented and didn't give him wheat products for a week. Lo and behold, his rash cleared up (after the poor guy having dry patches on his skin for a long time - he even tried to scratch them!). However, after speaking to an allergist, he recommended bringing Evan in for testing. So- I will do that soon.

Tim and I are good - both busy like normal. I also am seeking the help of an allergist as I am now experiencing spring allergies as well as fall -AND- have finally hit the end of my rope and have decided to do MORE allergy shots. Yuck. I am still somewhat skeptical since the other 4.5 years of shots didn't help like I wanted, but hopefully - the next 3-4 will. Once again - yuck.

I started garage sale-ing again! My hometown just had their city-wide garage sales, so Mom, Evan, and I went to those. Emma now loves them as the last one we went to, I bought her a sequinned dance leotard. She was in 7th heaven with that. She told me the other day that she wanted to sell her mermaids in our garage sale. I told her that I wouldn't as she still plays with them a lot and she would miss them. I asked her why and she said because she needed the money. Hmmm... maybe to buy more dance leotards!

With that - I have to go. Sorry no pictures this time, hopefully next time.

No comments: