Currently he has matching bruises on each side of his forehead - lovely, I know - especially because we hired a photographer to come in this weekend and take some new pics of the kids. He has just started climbing on EVERYTHING!! I don't get it! He fell today after stepping on his little retro-rocket rider to see out the window. I think he stepped onto the rocket, tried to get on the toy chest and fell. The sad thing is that I got out a little bag of ice (AGAIN!) and when he saw it he instantly put his head forward and laid it on the ice. Nice that he knows what that is about. The ice on the head lasted for hmmm... 5 seconds and then he was off climbing up again! I am going to go insane soon if he doesn't stop. But, Tim keeps reminding me that he is a little boy and that he won't stop because that is what boys do. Grrr... I tried to take a pic of the matching bruises, but only one is really visible. The other is more black & blue at this point.


We enjoyed the fall again this weekend and made some holiday crafts with my friend Jess and "little Keira" as Emma calls her. Since she has an older cousin Kyra, her friend is nicknamed "little Keira", which I think is pretty cute. They decorated some pumpkins and cupcakes Saturday morning as Tim was hunting for the day. After that, it was outside with the neighbors to jump in the leaves! What a wonderful day for that. It was a bit cold, but the girls had an excellent time jumping, raking, and throwing the leaves in the air. Evan did okay with that, but was much more interested in the lawnmower that Uncle Craig drove over.





Yesterday was Sunday School and I was the lead teacher - my first time- and it went pretty well. The kids did really well and listened to me, did the crafts well, and had a good time. I had an easy lesson "God made living things" so we spoke a lot about animals and people and had everything revolving around that. When I was done, I asked the other teacher how it went and she said " you did great!! You had so much energy that the kids really liked it!" So - good! Made me feel better and hopefully not so nervous for the next time. Emma does very well in class, listens, and does everything that she is told. Plus, when we came back here, she was able to tell Tim what we did and ofen recited to Tim what God makes. So, that is good - it seems some things are sinking in.
The Flu is keeping our household on "hold" at the moment. Luckily our children do not have it yet, but daycare does and is closed. Now, I obviously do not want our kids there when others are sick, that goes without saying... but, it is really difficult juggling work schedules to make accommodations for times like this. We do it and are happy to do it, but it is difficult. Tim was able to stay home today and I will do part time with Tim tomorrow. Hopefully by Wednesday kids are better and everything will be back to normal. Luckily though, tomorrow is supposed to be nice out, so I can spend sometime with them outdoors.
Emma has really been enjoying doing her "homework" lately. She looks at some workbooks I bought in the Target dollar section and has been working on letters and numbers. She will trace them and look at the pictures with corresponding sounds and thinks she is pretty important doing her homework every night. The problem is "Mama! I can do it" when I try to explain some things or help her out.
Evan is Evan... climbing. He also thinks he is pretty strong lately as he attempted to pick up Emma's wooden stepstool the other day. He could make it a few steps, stumbling with his eyes wide and groaning with the weight, but he still tried. That and the playdough container. For some reason now, he really enjoys the playdough container (big round tub) and has to bring that along also. Here are some more pics of him getting into stuff.

(yes, Evan, I am sure your one leg can reach up to the pool table. He seriously tried to get on that thing for about 5 minutes.)

More pics and then to bed for me. Everyone have a great week!
Como Park last weekend! I LOVE this picture!



No comments:
Post a Comment