Sunday, March 21, 2010

Calling it quits

Tim has pretty much decided that Evan is done with swimming lessons - at least with him in the pool with him. It was a disaster last week really. My fault maybe... I thought it would be a good change to see how Evan does in the pool with Tim. Plus, I didn't really feel like putting on a bathing suit. So, it was Tim's turn. Not a good decision. First, Emma refused to go in the pool. She never does this. In the past, she would barely turn around to wave goodbye when the instructor came to get her. This time, she hid in my shoulder and wouldn't move. Honestly, I think she is jealous that Evan has a parent in the pool and she doesn't. Last week she made comments to me that she wanted me in the pool and that she wanted me to swim with her. I did the whole, "No, you are a big girl Emma" yadda, yadda, yadda. It worked last week, this time, not so much. So, strike number one.

Then, Evan. He seemed excited. We got the basketball urge out of him too because we were in the gym for like 15 minutes so he could run around and shoot hoops. It started out okay, I mean he walked into the pool on his own. He got some toys and kind of splashed. It is really the group activities that throws him every time. Let him wander around on his own = good. Try to get him to blow bubbles, splash, kick, etc = evil. He basically cried for 15 minutes straight. Then Tim had enough and left. Strike Number Two. I still have hope!! I haven't given up on the little man yet, I will try again.

This weekend was good. Very relaxing which is what they should be. I had to work a little bit Friday morning, so Tim stayed home with the kids at first. Then, we just relaxed. Did some grocery shopping, they took a good nap, I cleaned, lots of fun stuff :-)

Here are some pics:

Evan the stud with his favorite boots. They don't even fit the kid, but they were a Target clearance item for $3. Who could pass that up?? I knew they would fit him eventually. He always picks those when we leave. He picks those when we don't leave and he wants to wear "Shooohs!"



Both the kids going down the "tubey" slide together. Evan has no fear, but of course he has his older sister for guidance. He marches right along with her up the steps and down the slides. Tonight I saw him go head first down the tubey slide. That didn't make me happy.



Playing gas station.



Mr. Blue Eyes.

No comments: