Sunday, March 28, 2010

When to say no.

So, we may be giving up on Evan and swimming. I know he is little yet, he is only 1.5 years old, but Emma loved them at her age and Evan just doesn't. I took him in the pool again this week and he did okay for the first 15 minutes, then he cried and yelled and kicked (did the running man) and just had enough. Trust me, by then, I had enough also. If only the whole 30 minutes could be filled with enjoyment on his own terms, he would be much happier. Try to get him to kick or blow bubbles or God forbid move his arms and it is pure torture. The good thing is since we were members at the time of signing up, they only cost like $35. We will see what this week brings..

This past week was good - normal - not much going on. I did receive good news at work, a promotion of sorts. I am now a team lead in our group! So, that is awesome! I small bridge to management; a good step I think. I started those duties this week and so far, so good.

Emma has been struggling a bit at daycare as of late. We are not sure if they are just the almost 4 year old, finding her independence issues or what. She struggles a bit when Tim leaves and then hasn't been as warm to Theresa and then has been awful sometimes to Evan. We had a good discussion with her on Wednesday night when I found out that she had been pulling Evan around by his feet, laughing at him while he was crying. NO GOOD! She was basically pulling him down the stairs by his feet. I am not sure how many steps or really all of the circumstances, but any way you spin it, it doesn't sound good. Theresa took care of it there, but you can bet that Tim and I discussed it at length also. Ever since then she has been okay.

This weekend I got a small insight as to how her mind works though. We went to the cabin this past weekend, which was nice, and we have been letting Emma and Evan share a room. Which is great - sometimes. Both Tim and I were ready for Evan to be out of our room (he snores and gets so excited when he wakes up and sees us, even at 4am, that he doesn't fall back to sleep) and Emma loves having Evan there with her. They jump around and "talk" and do silly stuff when we lay then down, but that is okay for the most part.

Yesterday, Emma didn't want to nap. She is getting old enough to where she may be able to drop her nap, but let's be honest, I am not ready for that yet :-) So, Evan was already asleep and Emma was not wanting too. She kept getting up, changing clothes, etc and nothing would work. This lead to many talks about how she needs to sleep and be quiet because Evan is in there. Finally, I can see at the bottom of the door that the big light in the room was on, which is a HUGE NO --Seriously kid!! So, I go in there to get her back in bed and I have to stifle a laugh. Emma is on the floor playing dolls with the big light on, but now I see Evan in his crib with one of Emma's sheer play dresses on top of his head. Emma, realizing that the light might wake Evan up, put something over his head so he wouldn't see the light and wake up. Obviously, I am not happy about this but it still amazes me a bit that Emma would think to do it. Evan did stay asleep, Emma didn't nap, but she did get another talking too about how that behavior does not fly and we do not under any circumstances, put blankets or any objects on others heads.

That kid keeps things interesting, that is for sure.

No comments: