Backing up - swimming lessons...
They went better this time. Tim got to the YMCA earlier so he was able to take Evan into the gym and get all of the basketball out of his system so we were hoping it would be better in the pool. Overall, it was. Evan acted mildly irritated at the things the instructor wanted us to do, but he wasn't crying or fussing so it was better. He really enjoyed the lesson where we taught them how to climb out of the pool and jump back in. He would scamper as fast as he could out of the pool, turn around to face me and squat as low as he could. Then, he would stick his pudgy little hand up in the air, yell "GO!" and jump into my arms. It was really cute. Then, we got out some of the floaty balls and played with those, which he also enjoyed. He did try to blow some bubbles, but that was it. At about the 20 minute mark though, he was done and it was time to leave. So, much better, but he still didn't make it to the end.
Friday was Mama Mia and it was fabulous! Tim and my father stayed home with the children and my Mom, Aunt, and I headed to downtown. It was a great time away and a much needed break.
The rest of the weekend was good too. Saturday we had a small St. Patrick Day party and Sunday was Sunday school and book club! Emma didn't quite make it to Sunday School. She was up running around with some kids at the party and with the time change she was too tuckered out to go. The lucky thing? I taught that day so I brought home all the projects so we were able to do them later. She loved that! At one point I was talking to her while she was making her sheep puppet and she looks at me with a disapproving stare and says, "Mama, I really need to focus on my Sunday School project right now." okay kid, whatever...
Otherwise, I don't really know too much. We are just basking in the sun while we have it. I had my first run outside this year and it went really well.
Emma-isms:
Tonight we were reading stories on the recliner and she squirms a bit and says "Mama, this isn't really working out for me, we need to move."
Here are some pics of the kids playing outside.
Evan, being the stud, and going for a ride in his car.

Emma playing Princess Fiona. I was the prince and I needed to slay the dragon and rescue her. When I went up into her little playhouse, this is what I found. Her mouth was twitching as she could barely contain her laughter.

In the wagon taking a tour of the yard - finding tracks, stomping in puddles, all the fun spring stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment