Thursday, November 18, 2010

A case of the blah's

You know in the movie Office Space, where the annoying admin says, "Well, it looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!" well, I feel like I have a case of the Blahs. Not a specific day, as they are all running into one another. I just have a case of the blah's.

I am not motivated to do my homework anymore. I do not like this class. Our homework assignment for the week of Thanksgiving is crazy in my mind. I knew it was going to be hard to juggle it all, I really did. I know this is all my doing and my undertaking. It is my fault my life is now crazy. Trust me, I get it. But that doesn't mean I have to be totally on board all the time with my homework. If I was more interested in the topic, I think it would help. So, it is now Thursday and I haven't touched my homework for next week yet and I know that will be a problem. But, I will have to deal with it later. Or, more accurately, when I am done typing up this blog post :-)

The kids are awesome. Emma continues to sing daily and dance daily and is always carrying a pencil and notebook in her hand so she can draw or do her "homework" or just write random letters. I saw her on the toilet the other day drawing something, so that is a real testament to her dedication to "homework". And no, she didn't get that from me :-) I, as you can tell from my previous paragraph, am not THAT dedicated to my homework - HA! but, I do tell her now that she needs to have a rest time if she doesn't nap because Mama has to do homework while Evan is napping. At night is the same thing. I won't tolerate now (now that I did much before anyway) her getting up after we lay her down. I have to get homework done now - I don't have much choice in that. I think it will be good for her and Evan to see though, the drive for education and how valued it is in our household.

Emma is very excited now that she may have a piano lesson with Aunt Linda this weekend. She loves music, really loves it. Her and I have conversations about country music and the singers. She does not like the song "Boys of Fall" by Kenny Chesney and (and in her words) "Well Mama, it is about boys and they fall and that must hurt them, so, I don't like that song." Her favorite now is Sugarland "Stuck Like Glue." Maybe I mentioned this before and I apologize if I did, but she honestly thinks the song is called "Snug like blue" and her and I had a serious discussion one day about how she thought it was and I told her it wasn't and how "Snug like blue" makes absolutely no sense. So, from all of this, I thought it would be a good idea for her to learn the piano (and then the guitar! I have always wanted to play the guitar!). She was all excited at first because she thought she would learn to play "Snug Like Blue" right away, but I told her she was a little way away from learning that. So, anyway, I asked my Aunt Linda for this favor to "teach" Emma a small piano lesson, as Linda taught me piano when I was a kid. Thankfully, she was willing to take on this challenge. To, which, Evan had to reply "Me too! Me piano too!" Then Emma started to protest and I had to tell Evan he was too little. ahh... the fights between the two kids. I see them a lot already.

Evan is good as well. Every day he is getting more like a little boy. which is good, but scary :-) I was laying him down for bed yesterday and gave him a little hug. Evan turned to Tim and gave him a kiss and then I asked Evan for a kiss. He looked at me and said "DID!" as in "Gee Mom, I already gave you one show of affection. Lay Off!" and he refused to give me one. He just wanted to lay down in his crib and fall asleep. Already, rationing his affection for me. I had to talk this over with Tim last night and my fear that it will only get worse from here :-) They grow up too fast!

Another busy weekend here with the holidays approaching - but what fun! It will be Christmas cookies and Christmas shopping and Christmas music and all the fun stuff coming up! I cannot wait!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Kelly! I love your post, I truly wish I was back in school - maybe/hopefully next year! Tyler just got (with his birthday money) a "paper guitar" - Cody was very upset that it wasn't actually made of paper. But it is a thin plastic guitar that kids can kinda learn finger placement, etc. They have different settings for playing along or doing solo. It was fairly cheap too - I think Ty got it for $16 at ToysRUs and that came with a free shoulder strap (he had a couple coupons for his birthday too). But it might be something Emma would be interested in for Christmas!? Tyler too walks around the house with his notebook and pen writing "stories"! I love it! :)