Monday, March 14, 2011

A sign of hope

Sun! and Snow Melting! and almost 50 degrees! Finally - hoorah! Hooray! As much as I love snow, I am so happy to see small signs of hope that spring is coming. The kids are as well. We played on the driveway tonight and Emma kept hooping & hollaring when she saw green grass! I think Spring Fever has hit the Heuer House.

We were up at the cabin this past weekend and enjoyed the days fishing, spending time with family, and just hanging out. The kids were very excited to do some fishing on the lake and we were able to do this without the ice-shack this time. So, we loaded up kids and equipment on the snowmobile (which is always a big hit with kids and dog) and headed out. The guys drilled about 8 holes and the kids set to work cleaning out the holes. That, by far, is their favorite job. Not many fish were caught, one to be exact, but all had a great time enjoying the weather and time outdoors. Evan always claims to catch many fish, as he will constantly reel up his line and proclaim "Mama! I caught fish!" when he sees his minnow. But, whatever keeps him excited for fishing, I am okay with.

The other big news is the fact that the Kellogg twins are home! We ventured over that way on Thursday of last week to welcome them home. I was the only one of my family to have met them, so the rest of the family was excited to meet them. Evan was a bit nervous at first as he thought he was going to have to give them his Nuk's (no.... he hasn't given them up yet) but when I told them he could still keep them for awhile, he was happy to go over there. Earlier that day we were at a local shopping outlet and I told Evan that we should buy Charlie a small Lightning McQueen car. His response? "No.. Chahwee too little for Queen, Mama."

So, we made it over and Emma got to hold Kate for a bit, which she absolutely loved! She was very careful and could be seen talking to her and kissing her forehead every once in awhile. I was holding Charlie and Evan could not get enough of that little boy. First it was "Let me see him. See dat guy!" He wanted to hold him, give him kisses, and many hugs. I didn't let him hold him, but I did lower Charlie many times so Evan could see him and give him some love.

Some pics of the cuties:







Have a great week!

No comments: