Thursday, March 17, 2011

Taking it to a new level

So, remember how I mentioned how much Emma apparently "loves" Justin Bieber? Well, yesterday, she drew a picture and this is how she described it to me.

"Mama! Look at the picture I drew. It shows that I love Justin Bieber. Here is me, here is Justin Bieber and here is a heart. Because... I love Justin Bieber." (Yes, I wish I would have kept the picture. She drew this at Kristen's and I am not sure what happened to it.)

Me: "Umm.. Gee Emma. That is, uh, nice."

Then, later she is playing house with her cousins and she comes down the stairs to tell me. "Guess what Mama! I am going on a date with Justin Bieber!"

Grrr..... the influence of other people's children. Yes, I know it will only get worse when she is in school. So, I guess I will have to look up a Justin Bieber song on iTunes. She keeps singing some "Baby, Baby, Baby" song. Which, it is pretty comical to listen to her sing it!

Tim was joking with her tonight about marrying Justin Bieber instead of him. "Emma! I thought you were going to marry me! You cannot marry Justin Bieber." She giggles, smiles with her bright blue eyes and says "Daddy!! You cannot marry someone that is already married! Or, someone that is in your family. But, anyway, Justin Bieber has a girlfriend..."

She has also became very fond of the movie, "How to Train Your Dragon" which, is a very good movie by the way. Anyway, she was telling us on the way home last weekend that she needs a new haircut. She needs half her bangs over her eyes and half her bangs cut short. I glanced at Tim, wondering where this is going and cautiously ask, "Gee Emma, why?" "MOM! That is how Astrid has her hair!" Like Duh! How could I not have known that? (Astrid is the lead female character from that movie. Then she told me that she wants to change her name to Astrid Rose Heuer. I countered that with "Emma, we are not going to change your name to Astrid. How about if you are Astrid for Halloween?" She loved that idea and the rest of the way home, she discussed how the whole family was going to be a character from "How to Train Your Dragon" for Halloween. Tim was going to be Stoic. I had to be Ruffnut. She really wanted Evan to be Tuffnut, but Evan wouldn't have any of that. He had to be Toothless! It was a pretty fun conversation for the way home as she was talking about costumes, decorating the lawnmower, and if her cousins would want to be part of the theme as well.

And, not to forget about little Evan!! Here are some tidbits:
** He calls his bathrobe a robot. So, right out of the bathtub, he ask, "Mommy, where my Robot? I need my Robot."

** Evan got to spend more time with Kate and Charlie these past few days and has loved every minute! He helped me feed Kate yesterday and was totally into it. He didn't do that well holding the bottle very still, but he tried. He got to hold her as well with Tim's help and loved it. He looked up at me, "I kiss her Mommy?" So, he was kissing her forehead, rubbing her forehead with his head, holding on to her hand and just being very attentive to her. When it was time to wake Charlie up, he ran to the room and sprinted back out "Charwie wake! Charwie wake Mommy!" He found some pretend baby-doll bottles and held them up to Tim "Daddy! Fill up with milk Daddy! Feed Charwie" He ran to find the diaper wipes for Nana when she was changing a diaper and was just being a good big cousin. He would be an awesome big brother, but Tim says "Don't even go there...."

We are all kind of getting over colds and trying to find our way to a healthy household here. I had a day on Wednesday where I couldn't really talk, which the kids thought was pretty funny. I took to whispering in the morning and both kids started whispering back to me. Hopefully with the weekend coming up and more rest hopefully and some relaxing we can all get there.

No comments: