Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes....

Emma today while we were eating dinner. . . "Mama? Why do you say I am skinny?" Well, because you have skinny little legs. I always tell you to eat more, even though you never do. Plus, you exercise. We like to run and exercise together, right? So, eating healthy meals and exercising makes you skinny. "Mom? Why aren't you skinny then?" Well (grrring.... to myself) that is because everyone comes in different shapes and sizes. Some people are really skinny, some people are more wide. Others are very tall and some are short. Then, people have different colors of skin and hair and eyes. But, all people are the same, no matter how they look, and everyone needs to be treated the same. "Okay Mommy." Now, I am not taking it seriously. I think I am an okay size. However, it still interesting to discover how little people think.

Yesterday when I was at class, Tim had an interesting conversation with Evan.


Setup...... Evan was laying down for bed and Tim didn't give him his Nuk. So, Tim kissed him goodnight, closed the door, and stood at the door. Evan got up numerous times...


"Daddy, I need water."


"Daddy, I need chapstick."


"Daddy, I not tired."


"Daddy, what doing?"


"Daddy, what Emma doing?"


"Daddy, what Mama doing?"


over... and over... and over....


So, finally, after putting him to bed several times, Evan started crying. When Tim went in there to check on him AGAIN, Evan was sitting up in his bed and crying. Tim asked him "Buddy, what is wrong?" Evan says...


"I don't know Daddy. I am just crabby."


Then, yes, Tim gave him his Nuk and he fell right to sleep. He is a weak one, that guy....


And finally, tonight, Evan unfortunately had an accident while playing outside. So, we came in and stripped him down to his cute little white bare butt. He wanted to take a bath in the washbin in the laundry room. So, he was in there and Emma was taking a shower. Evan looks up to me and says, "I Cute! I cute in here Mama. What is dis thing called?"


No comments: