Anyway, this particular Saturday naptime was NOT going well. First, the kids were together in their room and were constantly talking, laughing, jumping on beds... definitely NOT napping. So, I separate them. Emma starts crying because she wants to lay in my bed, but I won't let her in case I need to use it for a nap. So, I put her in the spare bunk bed downstairs. She comes up once or twice, cries, whines, etc to avoid napping. Eventually, she falls asleep.
Evan quiets down and I think he is sleeping. However, when I take a peak (and a second glance) I see this:
Normally, this is a fun game I play with the kids. If they are in a room, or I am getting ready for something, we will stick our hands under the doors and talk, touch fingers, whatever. However, when it is naptime, I do not see this as a fun game. But, who can resist this? Seriously, how sweet, right? So, I go over there, touch his fingers and slowly open the door. He looks up at expectantly, so I pick him up and rock him a bit. He then, settled down for a nap.
Here are some other cute pics from our weekend. I hosted a very small, birthday party for my Dad. It was on my in-law's pontoons and we feasted on fabulous appetizers, had champagne cocktails, and had a great time. For the most part anyway. Evan, unfortunately, had a tantrum for roughly 20 minutes because he didn't want to wear a life jacket. ... sigh... more on his recent tantrums in a later post.... He doesn't win this battle and eventually gives up, thankfully.
ANYWAY, Uncle Dave later offers to stay with Evan to play in the sand and stay on land so the rest of us can spend a little more time on the pontoon. When we arrive back at their cabin, we go in the house to see both of them playing cribbage Fun, right? And, they were having fun. Taking a look at Evan though, I see he is naked. Buck naked sitting at the table without a care in the world! Dave felt bad that all Evan had to wear was his wet swimming trunks, so he took them off, laid a towel down, and let Evan be naked while they played cards. Aunt Jill fashioned this lovely ensemble for him on the ride home. LOVE IT! I didn't think though, I had to worry about him wearing a toga until college. He loved this look too.
Here was just a goofy picture of Emma wearing all the lei's I bought for the party. She looks like a preacher or something sharing the good word in this one.
Here was just a goofy picture of Emma wearing all the lei's I bought for the party. She looks like a preacher or something sharing the good word in this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment