The day goes from:
stressing out about job transitions since the person who was training me quit yesterday
-to-
--being concerned that I am doing everything correctly so our P&L is accurate and I am off the hook
-to-
constantly wishing that I will receive a phone call from Tim that finally gives us the answer we are hoping for
-to-
picking up the kids and starting on supper and putting the little guy in time-out after his insistence that my giving Emma a pudding spoon to lick was "NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR MAMA!"
-to-
the bigger kid instantly saying she doesn't like my supper of bland chicken & potatoes & raspberries and the little guy instantly following suit
-to-
the little guy being banned from the big table and assigned to the small table for being naughty
-to-
the bigger kid refusing to eat, but wanting dessert (of course)
-to-
the little guy being put in time out AGAIN
-to-
me just telling Tim to go outside and mow the lawn already and I can do the dishes
-to-
me deciding that the kids need to run around outside and burn off whatever it is that is making them crazy & whiny
-to-
me being frustrated with our long-term guest because I cannot get our bikes out in an easy fashion
-to-
me deciding the playing outside idea wasn't good and bringing the kids inside
-to-
me finally snapping after water is flying everywhere and the kids are not listening
-to-
me throwing my magazine on the ground and announcing that bath time is over
-to-
Emma throwing her head back and sobbing because she feels bad because I was upset
-to-
Evan insisting that he is not a naughty boy and tearing up
-to-
me, just being done. I read stories, I kiss little heads, and I constantly feel guilt at the way this evening went
-to-
me making a dent on the dirty dishes and feeling relief that the pile of dishes is at least now a clean pile of dishes.
-to-
me, watching Design Star and decompressing
-and-
finally
-to-
me, quietly tip-toeing into the kids rooms and kissing foreheads and whispering I am sorry for not being a good Mom tonight. Then, praying that tomorrow is a better day.
There you have it... the facts of life.
It's not pretty. It's not cute stories of the little ones tonight. It is a story of frustration, whiny/over tired children, whiny/overwhelmed parents, and the wish that tomorrow will be better.
3 comments:
Oh Kelly - big hugs! We all have days like that! Being a mom can be so hard...but you are still a real person with real emotions and it is ok to get frustrated by life sometimes. Today will be better :-)
I hear ya clucking big chicken . . . we've all been there and it will be better today.
I'm not sure you intended this when you wrote this... but I must say, you just wrote a beautiful poem. I bet there are many parenting magazines that would publish your truthful and heartfelt words!
You are wonderful; I am amazed by all of my friends who are parents everyday.
Post a Comment