Friday night started with a movie night "Smurfs" for the Kelloggs and my little ones. It was fun to see how excited they were for the movie. I made some popcorn, the Kelloggs brought candy, and all was good in their world. We showed it on the big screen downstairs and they had a great time!
Saturday morning I had to go to church for a few hours to get the final lessons for Kindergarten Sunday school (which is actually on Monday). While I was out, the kids were busy with Tim making crowns for themselves and then boats for their American girl/boy dolls. (yes, even Evan was involved).
(The boats. I am not sure of the story behind these, but they were having fun with them nonetheless)
(The boats. I am not sure of the story behind these, but they were having fun with them nonetheless)

Here are their crowns. The kids love cutting and taping and gluing, so it is always fun to see what they come up with.

(and, they actually look like they are friends in these pictures! Sometimes, that is not the case)
After my church thing, it was then back home to go out to lunch - with the whole family... This caused some upset feelings as Emma and I originally had plans that it would be a Mother/Daughter outing. She was so excited when I got home from church because we had plans to go out for lunch and then do some shopping together, because in Emma's words "Mom, I just don't spend enough time with you alone without Evan." Unfortunately, when I got home from church, Tim asked Evan "So, are you ready to go out to eat with Mommy?" This led to an excited Evan, but a very upset & crying Emma. I felt so bad for the little lady, but gave her a big promise that we would have some alone time on Sunday. Lunch was a quick trip to Culvers and then back home for rest time. We all took a rest time, except for Emma. Man, I love taking afternoon naps!
After nap, Tim and I had a wine-tasting outing with neighbors J & MJ. We headed to Wisconsin to taste some local wines, local cheeses, and to have some good quality adult time. While we were out, the kids were here with Eric, Sage, Cole (Eric's puppy) and had fun chasing the dogs.
Sunday was Church school for Evan, which he protested a little, but always ends up having a good time at. Then finally, Emma and Mama outing. She again, was so excited and it is nice to have some good one-on-one time with her. We bought some swimsuits, went to Target, and then went to McDonald's at her request. We talked about school, Valentine's day, her life, and just random stuff. It was good and I have to remember to set aside more alone time with her.
The rest of the afternoon was time spent outside playing with the kids, a run for me, and then the kids playing beauty shop. Also - homework time. Emma, in celebration of her 100th day of kindergarten, had to count out 100 items of something. At Tim's suggestion, she counted out 100 popcorn kernels. A good representation in my mind of how 100 of something can look so small! And, of course, since Emma was doing homework, Evan had to as well. Here he is practicing writing his name.





No comments:
Post a Comment